CA proposing bear hunting ban - Petition

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Signed/donated/passed along. I cant (or can) actually believe this. I know its going to pass, and all those bears and deer Ive been hunting every fall are going to be worse off for it.

Also signed and commented on the politicians post about it on Instagram. I have a feeling it’ll pass and it won’t stop there.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I signed the petition. Thank you for bringing this to the community's attention. I'll reach out to my State senator and assemblyman directly this afternoon.

Signed! It’s absolutely ridiculous these bills that get proposed with no actual biological evidence to support them. Stating that bears are getting more aggressive around Lake Tahoe. Well duh! They find easy food. Without hunting even more will show up!

Blackbird

FNG
Signed. This bill will pass just like every other bill has passed it's a shame. But people in LA and the bay area decide instead of scientists.

Block

WKR
Oh they’ll be right in there with Lions soon.,, Out of control and paying millions a year to have them controlled... **** this state.. Kinda like voting for President I don’t even believe we can make a difference.,, Sadly “THEY” are just guna do whatever they want

npm352

WKR
I hope for the best for California hunters, but I think California is pretty much effed. First no lion hunting...then no hound hunting bears and bobcats...now no bear hunting. This is a progression and it is not slowing down but is instead gaining momentum. You guys are running out of game to hunt and now one more predator you cannot manage. I would honestly not be surprised if in ten years hunting is illegal on California. Either it'll be outlawed outright, or they'll go and add wolves and there won't be enough ungulates to support a hunting season.

Unfortunately, this will most likely pass. I used to hound hunt for bears occasionally in California. Complete PIA to get dogs over the border, but well worth it. The bear hunting in Cali was the best I've ever seen. Too bad the rabid anti-hunting, anti-gun, anti-America cult rules that state....because it could be a great place.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Amazing!! We finally won a freaking battle here in CA haha it doesn’t feel real. Thought for sure this would pass, but I unfortunately I think the Humane Society is just saving this one for after the pandemic. But hey we won for now! Maybe we can hunt mountain lions or bobcats next year!?