Petition - Help Save WA Spring Bear Season

BigAl!

WKR
https://www.change.org/p/jay-inslee...ink&utm_content=cl_sharecopy_31430628_en-US:7

The Washington state wildlife commission made a decision to stop the spring bear hunt based on emotion, despite the science presented by biologists who urged the commission to approve the hunt.

This is the due to several factors. The threat of litigation from the anti-hunting crowd is real, and this is playing a serious part in their overall success to eliminate hunting (especially predators, for now). The commission is feeling the pressure. The governor recently appointed two new individuals with alarming ties to radical environmental and anti-hunting organizations to the WDFW Commission that will dramatically change the makeup of the Commission and jeopardize hunters and hunting in the future (quote from SCI's website). This is exactly right, as these 2 new commission members both voted against the spring bear hunt.

Let's work together to combat this by signing the petition. We've got to get more signatures.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
I left Washington but signed. I imagine the great pro hunting organization BHA will initiate a lot of their resources and money to fight the good fight just like they did in California, Colorado, New Mexico ...... lol

Washington is toast thanks to progressive liberals , time to look at an exit plan

Signed. It is really a shame that it has come to this. For anyone not following this story the decision has been made by certain members of the commission to cancel the 2022 Spring Bear season based on opinions and feelings. The actual scientific data conducted by the WDFW fully 100% supports a Spring Bear hunt. This data was thrown out because of certain commission members opinions and being pushed by the anti-hunting crowd......

OP
B

BigAl!

WKR
Two of those same commissioners, while being briefed today on an Elk herd that is in dehecline, said that they should just lower the management objective and reduce hunting opportunities.

These two individuals are going to continue to push forward their anti-hunting agenda. We have to come together to try and stop them. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Signed. I talked with a WDFW official today, and they are feeling it.

Keep the pressure on.