Petition for the Resignation of Washington F&G Commissioner

Washington hunters are calling for the resignation of Fish and Game Commission member Lorna Smith for failing to perform her duty as a Commissioner in accordance with State laws. Commissioner Smith was part of the November 2021 decision "NO" vote on the 2022 Spring Bear hunt. She has demonstrated a strong anti-hunting bias and interest in making her decisions based on social perception and "questionable ethics". Her bias has also been evident in her comments on declinine Blues elk herd populations and cougar management issues.

We are asking all hunters and anglers that believe in science based management of wildlife in accordance with the North American Model of Conservation to sign this Change petition so we can take it to Washington's Senate Natural Resources Committee to recommend that Commissioner Smith not be confirmed and a suitable replacement be appointed.

We have proven that making our voices heard through petitions like this and other forms of public input can make a difference. Washington's 2022 Spring Bear hunt is back in the rule making process thanks to efforts like these. We'd also appreciate comments supporting the Spring Bear hunt through the official public comment portal found here. Thanks in advance for anyone that participates!

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’d love to send my thoughts and sign the petition but I’m in Colorado. Thoughts?

Also, why did she vote no? I assume she gave some reasoning?

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Anyone should be able to sign both the petition and make public comments on the WDFW page regardless of location. Her full statement for voting No is transcribed in this article. When presented with scientific data contrary to her personal agenda and bias, she has responded with emotional arguments and ignored the data she asked for, going so far as to call spring black bear hunting unethical.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Signed, these politicians with personal agendas, no matter their party affiliation, have no place on F&G commissions.

Only takes a couple clicks to sign this petition, if it helps take the time to do it.

I'm fairly certain it's what Luke would do...

Signed and donated. Thank you to pickardjw for posting this and thank you to everyone for signing, especially those of you that aren't Washingtonians.