Bundy case- prosecutors tried to rig trial

dotman

WKR
I understand and I'm not disagreeing with you but I think it could have been handled different.

I agree the court case should have been better, but the gov gave them every opportunity and even canceled their first attempt to remove the cattle due to threats of armed people guarding the public land and cattle to keep them from removing the cattle off public land.

I think the people in gov handling this were pissed and let their emotions jack it all up after they tried to do it the right way, they didn’t want another Waco with this bunch that also had armed militia come to their aid. The gov was put in a tough position and truthfully they should have just brought out an armed law enforcement and removed the cattle, ready to fight these thieves of our land but they tried to do it the diplomatic way at first.

What surprises me is that they haven’t taken the Bundy ranch to pay the $1million owed, if it was taxes that’s what they would do and they would be tried on tax evasion and spend time in jail and lose their land.

What happens when you don’t pay your bills, lets say you don’t pay your mortgage and then you threaten the bank with an armed confrontation for them coming to take their asset back, do you think you’ll still be walking around free or in jail?

Broomd

WKR
.... The gov was put in a tough position and truthfully they should have just brought out an armed law enforcement and removed the cattle, ready to fight these thieves of our land but they tried to do it the diplomatic way at first.

This "armed law enforcement" was exactly what caused this situation to begin with...If diplomatic means failed, then tax garnishments, liens etc, should have been employed. Bundy quietly taken into custody, he had the ability to diffuse this.
Tough to deal with people like the Bundys on one side, and the U.S. gov't on the other.

dotman

WKR
This "armed law enforcement" was exactly what caused this situation to begin with...If diplomatic means failed, then tax garnishments, liens etc, should have been employed.
Tough to deal with people like the Bundys on one side, and the U.S. gov't on the other.

Yeah but that was not their first attempt, only after being threatened the first time did they come back armed. If Bundy had just paid his cheap grazing fees none of this would have happened.

Broomd

WKR
Yeah but that was not their first attempt, only after being threatened the first time did they come back armed. If Bundy had just paid his cheap grazing fees none of this would have happened.

Can't argue with that.....

I know these same type of people locally. They unlawfully fence deep into other's land. Their cows graze and trash others property. They have a sense of entitlement that they believe gives them a moral superiority. Bundys are just the Nevada version...

dotman

WKR
Can't argue with that.....

I know these same type of people locally. They unlawfully fence deep into other's land. Their cows graze and trash others property. They have a sense of entitlement that they believe gives them a moral superiority. Bundys are just the Nevada version...

Yup, they are also the same ones trying to close off traditional access points to public land and putting up no trespassing signs on public, can’t stand them.

LandYacht

WKR
Don’t see how that is freedom or you could support someone that has stolen a million dollars from you.

I have a very different idea of what public lands demand from those that use them then Mr. Bundy does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR

There were mistakes made. It sounds like the judge did the right thing. This is by no means a win for the American public. The feds made mistakes while trying to bring criminals to justice. The Bundy's just continue to steal from me and you. This will do nothing more than empower thugs and thieves like the Bundy's to continue stealing from the taxpayers.

gelton

WKR
There were mistakes made. It sounds like the judge did the right thing. This is by no means a win for the American public. The feds made mistakes while trying to bring criminals to justice. The Bundy's just continue to steal from me and you. This will do nothing more than empower thugs and thieves like the Bundy's to continue stealing from the taxpayers.

I have money stolen from me all the time from the Federal Government thugs and thieves. Its called the federal income tax and its enforced by the barrel of a gun and imprisonment. I am not against a constitutional form of tax like a sales or excise tax but if you dont own your own labor, and if you only get to keep a portion of it deemed allowed by those in the district of criminals then are you free or are you a slave?

If I cant steal from my neighbor then what rights does the government have to do the same thing and to redistribute wealth at their whim?

Plenty of thuggery and thievery on both sides, its what makes the world go round.

Russp17

WKR
I have money stolen from me all the time from the Federal Government thugs and thieves. Its called the federal income tax and its enforced by the barrel of a gun and imprisonment. I am not against a constitutional form of tax like a sales or excise tax but if you dont own your own labor, and if you only get to keep a portion of it deemed allowed by those in the district of criminals then are you free or are you a slave?

If I cant steal from my neighbor then what rights does the government have to do the same thing and to redistribute wealth at their whim?

Plenty of thuggery and thievery on both sides, its what makes the world go round.

Wow... That's quite a stretch. You consent to our laws by electing your officials..... If you don't like the laws, change them by either running or electing someone who agrees...

TheTone

WKR
Crappy ending but the bundys need to pay us, the american public, the money they owe us and get your stupid cows off our land.

gelton

WKR
Wow... That's quite a stretch. You consent to our laws by electing your officials..... If you don't like the laws, change them by either running or electing someone who agrees...

Thats quite a stretch as well. The only true Representative that talked about these issues is Ron Paul and he is retired. Sure there are parts of that statement that are up for debate but the fact that both the creation of the Federal Reserve and the income tax were passed in the same year is telling. Before that Congress had the right to coin and regulate money, after that the Federal Reserve created it and charged us interest. The income tax paid for the interest to the big banks who were shareholders in the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is no more federal than federal express. Except that the president nominates a chairman from a list given to them by the shareholders.

As explained by Greenspan:
Greenspan: "no agency of government can over-rule actions we take" - YouTube

And if you want to go further down the rabbit hole:
The Original Aaron Russo Film America : Freedom to Fascism - YouTube

“The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.”

― Mark Twain :)

MtnOyster

WKR
So what keeps people or neighboring hunters from just all out murdering all those cattle roaming free??

I can tell you if it was happening the way yall describe it those people and their cattle operation wouldn't last long around my neck of the woods, way too many rednecks around here!!

gelton

WKR
So what keeps people or neighboring hunters from just all out murdering all those cattle roaming free??

I can tell you if it was happening the way yall describe it those people and their cattle operation wouldn't last long around my neck of the woods, way too many rednecks around here!!

This could actually be true. Not sure about the laws of Nevada but a game warden in Colorado told a friend of mine this year during 2nd rifle that if the cattle weren't off BLM land by October 1st that they were free game. Talk about filling the freezer :)

Gr8bawana

WKR

Taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized society. If you don't like it then feel free to leave our great country. If you don't want to pay taxes go live in Somalia or any other country where they live by the mindset of "my gun is bigger than yours". See how you like it.

dotman

WKR

If any thing this may start a push for a land grab and others to stop paying grazing fees.

I don't know anything first hand about this situation. But, I do know that the Bundy's sure seem to have the support of their community to be the scum they are suggested to be by many on this thread. Does that make them right or wrong? I don't know. But, it seems that all this started with a concern of the desert tortoise. Yes, Bundy refused to pay anymore fees but, only after he was told he couldn't graze on the lands he had paid fees upon and, his family had grazed on, since 1877. Due to a threatened designation of the desert tortoise. I don't know but, I think a family that has inhabited and paid to use lands for over a hundred years, probably deserved a little more consideration than to be just told "no more" due to a turtle.

I'm not defending him. I just can't see where he is done such terrible things to warrant such hate, without someone forcing his hand. Then to call him trash? Maybe he is but, it would require more than this to qualify him as such.

Imagine living his life. Then having someone come in and tell you you n longer have that life because a turtle deserves it more than your 14 kids and 56 grandkids do. I can't imagine all the name callers on this thread acting much differently given the circumstances.

dotman

WKR
I don't know anything first hand about this situation. But, I do know that the Bundy's sure seem to have the support of their community to be the scum they are suggested to be by many on this thread. Does that make them right or wrong? I don't know. But, it seems that all this started with a concern of the desert tortoise. Yes, Bundy refused to pay anymore fees but, only after he was told he couldn't graze on the lands he had paid fees upon and, his family had grazed on, since 1877. Due to a threatened designation of the desert tortoise. I don't know but, I think a family that has inhabited and paid to use lands for over a hundred years, probably deserved a little more consideration than to be just told "no more" due to a turtle.

I'm not defending him. I just can't see where he is done such terrible things to warrant such hate, without someone forcing his hand. Then to call him trash? Maybe he is but, it would require more than this to qualify him as such.

Imagine living his life. Then having someone come in and tell you you n longer have that life because a turtle deserves it more than your 14 kids and 56 grandkids do. I can't imagine all the name callers on this thread acting much differently given the circumstances.

FYI... his family bought their land and moved to Nevada in the 1950’s per county records (forget the exact year), his family didn’t immediately start grazing this land either. The 1877 comment from a pro website has a lot of fake facts.