Bourbon

My go to is Wild Turkey 101.
If you want to save some coin a really good bourbon for the money is JTS Brown. Don't let the price fool you, it definitely punches above its price range.
On the higher end stuff I'd have to go; Bakers 7yr, Bookers, Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, and Willett.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I almost literally have everything or have had. Although bourbon really isnt my jam.

I am on the kill a bottle buy a different bottle plan.
HOWEVER
Eagle rare 10, EH, Elijah Craig 18, Widow Jane the Vaults, angels envy and woodford master collection will always have a place on my bar and I will chase them when they are in stock.

Worth noting that EH Taylor is the straigh rye.

Then you get into my ryes or tequila which are where my heart is and the shitgoes crazy.
Yes the whistle pig has a Boss hog X stopper on it. I killed the bottle but kept the stopper.

20231223_211128.jpg
20231223_211138.jpg

Last edited:
I like a lot of the usuals already posted.. Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Knob Creek, Old Forester, and Four Roses are always in my cabinet.

Kentucky Owl Confiscated is very good, was recently gifted a bottle of Isaac Bowan small batch and its great, and I actually enjoy the regular cheap bottle of Four Roses almost as much as anything else..

I also think Blantons is overrated..

colby12

WKR
Basil Hayden but walked into the store and seen some Horse Soldier. It isn’t terrible, I’m also not that picky

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_9447.jpeg

Having read all your suggestions…
I’m a Monkey 47 guy. However, it’s nice to change it up with some Drumshanbo, or Barr Hill Reserve Tom Cat once in a while. Ethical drinkers choose gin.

I figure if folks can read the title of the .223 Mega Thread, quickly scroll thru a couple pages, and completely disregard the direction it’s all headed, then jump in on page 290+ to share the corrective view that “Y’all need more energy!” … Surely a well intentioned, gin guy will be welcomed with gratitude to the Bourbon thread, for having set things straight.
You’re Welcome

MThuntr

WKR
Cheap: Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (white label) or Old Grandad 114

Henry McKenna bottled in bond, Old Forester 1910 or 1920, Elijah Craig, Wyoming Whiskey bottled in bond, Redwood Empire Pipe Dreams, High West Midsommers Night Dram, High West American Prairie

Last edited:

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
The mid-range Dickel are tough to beat on value. The 9, 15 and BIB can all be found below or around $50 and are all excellent. As mentioned several times already Four Roses does it well across the board and the Old Forester whiskey row series is real good IMO. Haven’t been overly impressed w/ value of the high end stuff, including Pappy’s. Last one I thought touched a decent bang for buck at higher prices was 1792 sweet wheat. Good, tough to find.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
View attachment 649514

Having read all your suggestions…
I’m a Monkey 47 guy. However, it’s nice to change it up with some Drumshanbo, or Barr Hill Reserve Tom Cat once in a while. Ethical drinkers choose gin.

I figure if folks can read the title of the .223 Mega Thread, quickly scroll thru a couple pages, and completely disregard the direction it’s all headed, then jump in on page 290+ to share the corrective view that “Y’all need more energy!” … Surely a well intentioned, gin guy will be welcomed with gratitude to the Bourbon thread, for having set things straight.
You’re Welcome

Ifin it was the distillers cut you would have had me.....

Woodford Reserve Rye
Woodford Reserve
Then either knob creek or makers mark

I don’t drink too much any more tho as other hobbies ( hounds, western hunting, tikkas…) have taken some funds… rokslide has not helped the other hobbies.

I made my way up down and around the bourbon food chain over the years.

some of my favorites have already been mentioned - Woodford, Buffalo trace, 4 roses, bulliet are all in my rotation. However, I probably still drink more makers than anytNing. Their 46 works for sippin or mixing and it doesn’t break the bank in the quantities I drink these days. At $40 a bottle with the added kick of flavor that puts it a solid notch above standard makers, and well above most other stuff in that price range IMO, don’t see any reason to change.

My brother turned me on to Yellowstone bourbon. I thought it was quite good.

I'm more a rye aficionado though, of which I highly recommend the 10th Mountain.

I've been on a Knob Creek kick lately.

Also buy/drink a lot of barrel pick stuff.

Evan Williams BiB is almost always the cheap house whiskey.