Bourbon

jimh406

WKR
Go to is Wild Turkey 101, I like Rare Breed, but a bit too much in price. I also like Yellowstone, and Wyoming small batch.

If you can find it in your area, I can't .. Old Charter 8-10 etc.

My current favorites are Blade and Bow, Knob Creek 12 and Barrel Dovetail. Eagle rare rotates through occasionally, so does Elijah Craig.

I’ve had Old RVW and wasn’t impressed. Pappy 15 was excellent as is William L. Weller, neither are worth the cost but was a fun experience.
Blade and Bow is a great bottle, nice call!

Blade and Bow is a great bottle, nice call!
Had this at a friend's over Thanksgiving. He had picked up a few different bottles, as he always does when I come up. He had also grabbed a Blanton's Gold, I believe. We both likes the Blade and Bow best. He went back after I left and bought the rest of the Blade and Bow that they had.

My go to is Makers.

I live in central Ky and have all the major distillers within a 30 min drive... Bullit is about 2 miles from my house.. A friend manages many of the farms that grow the corn for several of the distillers.. They are all very picky when it comes to the corn they use and many will only buy from one selected farm/farmer... It's an interesting business.. Needless to say I've tried most all of them... Some of the better known ones are definitely overrated..

Anyone tried Angel’s Envy or Basel Haden? Two great bourbons. One of my hunting buddies is the great grandson of the Haden in the Basel Haden label.

Pokerface

FNG
Old Charter 12 year old, yes I know they don’t make it anymore. I drank it all back in the day, cheers… Joe