Black Rifle Coffee NYT Comments

Did anyone see this? Here is an article I found today. Thought it would be good RS fodder. I don't drink coffee but these guys seem to have catered to the outdoorsman in the past.

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wow I had no idea how successful they are. I think when you build something like that and it generates millions of dollars you now have something to lose and lots of money can change people not for the better. I think they simply caved to the woke in fear of losing money. But that’s not the customer base so maybe they’re just scared and worried about being canceled and said some stupid stuff. The first mistake was giving that interview in the first place.

260madman

WKR
He knew exactly what he was saying. They are woke AF. He’s a liberal. I believe they even hired a BLM type Diversity and Inclusion officer. Buy it, don’t buy it. The choice yours.

Beware of the veteran owned business. When they pimp it they are usually not on the same page as I am with life.

glad i don't drink coffee. Being a vet, I would never say those types of things out of my mouth. Can't believe this was said by a fellow vet. Sad

I don’t personally give a shit what you drink. Their stuff is ok, no better than cheaper Amazon cups so meh

But, if you’re gonna have an opinion about a NYT interview.. read the NYT interview. Not what someone who is paid for clicks thinks about the interview. Then decide for yourself. Unsurprisingly, the quotes in the linked article are taken a bit out of context. Likely as are the original quotes from my spicey senses. Surprise.

Glad to see cancel culture is alive and well in the right as well.

bsnedeker

WKR
So, from these 4 quotes (I'm not paying for the NYT's so I can't read the source article) they are woke?

• "I’m a man without a party now."
  • "What I figured out the last couple of years is that being really political, in the sense of backing an individual politician or any individual party, is really f**king detrimental. And it’s detrimental to the company. And it’s detrimental, ultimately, to my mission."
  • "You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, 'This is who you are.' It’s like, no, no, we define that."
  • "I hate racist, Proud-Boyish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my f**king customer database and pay them to get the f**k out.

As someone who has long felt the Republican and Democratic parties are two sides of the same coin I can't say I have any issues with any of those statements.

I guess we know which of those among us are the people BRC wants to be catering to (quote from the article):

Driving a tricked out F-150, blue collar, above average income, some college educated, some self made type people. Its people who shop at Wlamart rather than target.

Personally I would leave the politics out and just make coffee. But to call some people in the US "repugnant" for what they believe is just anti-military in my mind. Maybe I am off base here, but I took an oath to defend the US from all enemies foreign and domestic. That means I defend the flag as well as the flag burner. I don't agree with everyone, but I certainly don't think people are "repugnant" for having different beliefs than I....

As I mentioned, I am glad I don't drink coffee. Saves me money I can spend on hunting. 3-5 bucks a day over a year is 1500-2000+ a year on what amounts to a caffeine kick.

GusF16

FNG
Did anyone see this? Here is an article I found today. Thought it would be good RS fodder. I don't drink coffee but these guys seem to have catered to the outdoorsman in the past.

Wow. That's all my wife and I drink. I love their patriotic videos too. Guess I'm going to have to rethink my membership there.

OP
B
Evan put out a statement on this and it sounds like the article is bullshit. You can watch it on his Instagram. They aren’t woke and if you’ve spent any time listening to their podcast you’d know they are very conservative. Quit making something out of nothing.

I thought the article I linked was not enough to indict the company either way. I haven't read the original article yet, hence why i don't have a solid opinion.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I don’t personally give a shit what you drink. Their stuff is ok, no better than cheaper Amazon cups so meh

But, if you’re gonna have an opinion about a NYT interview.. read the NYT interview. Not what someone who is paid for clicks thinks about the interview. Then decide for yourself. Unsurprisingly, the quotes in the linked article are taken a bit out of context. Likely as are the original quotes from my spicey senses. Surprise.

Glad to see cancel culture is alive and well in the right as well.
I dont know who the first part of the post is about, don’t care what anyone drinks or doesnt either, but i am glad i dont drink (better said are addicted as most coffee drinkers are) coffee. Like the smell, cant do the taste.
Anyway, where is anyone cancelling anything? Is posting an article about a company tantamount to cancelling or boycotting nowadays? Seems a little premature to jump to that conclusion from a simple link to an article.
Yes that article may not be the actual NYT story, but some dont have access or arent willing to pay for access to NYT. When i tried to click on the oroginal NYT article, i couldn’t view it without paying. And that isn’t going to happen.
botton line: you worry about yourself. You arent going to change any thoughts on here and neither am i. It matters not what anyone else thinks on these topics. It is crazy to think coffee could be as divisive as pot….what has the country come to? Everyone is so dang jumpy these days

MattB

WKR
If only a 15 second internet search could provide a free link to the NYT article. If only...

*zap*

WKR
I cannot say why they did anything but today lotsa folks are sellin out for $. The mainstream woke folks have the momentum.....companies see that and go woke. Its really a shame that such bs is popular but I do not think that is going to change soon and it will most likely become more widespread.

260madman

WKR
Evan put out a statement on this and it sounds like the article is bullshit. You can watch it on his Instagram. They aren’t woke and if you’ve spent any time listening to their podcast you’d know they are very conservative. Quit making something out of nothing.
So conservative he donated Money to Hitlery Clinton and other Dem lawmakers. Along with their sponsor Team Wendy. Mmm hmmm 🤔. Buy their coffee and support politicians that want nothing more than to take your gun rights. Conservative as hell I tell ya.🙄

I dont know who the first part of the post is about, don’t care what anyone drinks or doesnt either, but i am glad i dont drink (better said are addicted as most coffee drinkers are) coffee. Like the smell, cant do the taste.
Anyway, where is anyone cancelling anything? Is posting an article about a company tantamount to cancelling or boycotting nowadays? Seems a little premature to jump to that conclusion from a simple link to an article.
Yes that article may not be the actual NYT story, but some dont have access or arent willing to pay for access to NYT. When i tried to click on the oroginal NYT article, i couldn’t view it without paying. And that isn’t going to happen.
botton line: you worry about yourself. You arent going to change any thoughts on here and neither am i. It matters not what anyone else thinks on these topics. It is crazy to think coffee could be as divisive as pot….what has the country come to? Everyone is so dang jumpy these days

Your post did not exist on my screen when I made mine, none of it was about you. It’s hilarious just how much my first sentence seems aimed at you though. I was meaning “you” as “one” to preface that I’m not just a BRC apologist trying to spin it. I was saying I have no stick in this fire