Binge worthy story telling podcasts?

tony

WKR
Forgot these-

Real Dictators
Jack Carr the terminal list author has a great one as well. Intervied Attorney General Bill Barr recently, that was an awesome listen. Bought his book after hearing him speak

I did Dan Carlin’s WWI series last year, about 19 hours total. I had to download it from his site to a usb drive, and I highly recommend it, but all of his other stuff is excellent as well.

Our local library uses the Libby app for audiobooks - free to listen. Just finished Bomber Mafia by Malcom Gladwell.

Kroach

FNG
You mentioned it but S Town was really good. Wife and I listened to it on our way to TN. Listened to the whole thing straight through.

RMM

WKR
Our Thing with Sammy the Bull, great podcast about Sammy's life in organized crime. Story telling podcast by Sammy himself.

stonewall

WKR
your own backyard podcast (about Kristin smart disappearance) is a good but upsetting listen. It’s still going on as the accused killer is finally on trial

grfox92

WKR
Thanks to everybody that recommended In the Red Clay, great storytelling.
I second this. Started listening while doing a painting job the other day and man is that am amazing story. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Timesuck is a podcast where comedian Dan Cummins picks a topic (tends to be heavy on serial killers and cults, but there's other stuff mixed in) and dives in for a good 2-3 hours. If you're religious or just don't care for vulgarity/cursing/etc it may not be for you. He's more anti-cult than anti-organized religion in general, but gets pretty irreverent at times. It doesn't bother me, but I know we have a lot of religious folks here of various types. There's a big back catalog and they're making new episodes regularly. Generally topics don't span episodes, although occasionally there will be a second episode on a topic if there's more to talk about.

It has probably already been mentioned, but Clay Newcombe Bear Grease is great.

It is not really a bear hunting podcast, more of a story/history podcast focused on Appalachia.

I need to add stuff to my queue to listen to driving solo to Colorado next month. I did a search to find previously listed podcasts but everything i was finding was the typical conversation/interview style podcasts. I am looking for more recommendations for story telling podcasts, particularly the type that cover a story over an entire season or more. I will list some I have listened to in the past that I would recommend. I do intend to buy the new meateater close calls series. I enjoyed the last one.

S Town
Up and Vanished
Atlanta Monster
Dr. Death season 1 and 3. Not so much season 2.
Dirty John
Radio Rental (a collection of supposedly true stories of creepy experiences people had)
The Man in the Window (golden state killer)
To Live and Die in LA
The Dropout
Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and football inc.

Man when I list all those out I really start to feel like a basic house wife.
"How to bbq right" on Spotify. Malcom Reed has the best videos on YouTube for smoking meats. It's a great podcast but it's hard for me to listen while in the truck cause I start getting really hungry 😫

"How to bbq right" on Spotify. Malcom Reed has the best videos on YouTube for smoking meats. It's a great podcast but it's hard for me to listen while in the truck cause I start getting really hungry 😫

That sounds awesome. Good BBQ isn't even that complicated but when you start you don't know what you don't know.

tony

WKR
Love J. VonBenedikts podcast. Spoke with him a few times, always helpful
Backcountry Journal I think it is, pretty good, Canadian guys run it

Found one called "Killed" from the Crime Junkie gals. Talks about major journalism stories that were not printed for various reasons. Not bad

No one had mentioned Against the Odds by Wondery. It’s all story telling of actual events. There will be several episodes for each event. The newest one was about the wildfire in Paradise, CA. The meltdown at Fukushima and the one about the soccer team of boys stuck in the cave are really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk