Best or Favorite Bow EVER

elkguide

WKR
Shot a lot of different bows over the years and have newer bows but every year when it comes time to hunt, I always seem to grab my Strother SR-71. It just always seems to hit what I point it at.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
2015 Elite Synergy for me. I just couldn’t miss with it. Unfortunately the coating on the cams flaked off and the raw aluminum underneath deformed. Got them replaced under warranty, but didn’t feel like I could trust it anymore. Sold it to my brother for cheap.

Rowsdower

FNG
Still hunting with my Switchback XT. I’ve tried some of the newer models but I can’t give it up. The newer, quieter and faster bows are appealing but the Switchback has worked so well over the years, I don’t NEED a new bow…

Great thread, mine was definitely a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34. It was slow but I shot it great once I got the tune dialed. The hybrid cams always seemed to give me trouble. Wish I would have held on to that bow.

Scoot

WKR
Best bow for me- Bowtech Commander. Longer version of the Guardian.

Favorite bow- my dad's Bear Super Kodiak. Too much bow for me (58# @28), but it's a family heirloom and I treasure it.

elk_hntr

FNG
So far, a Bowtech Realm-X for me. It’s only my third bow, but I shoot very well with it!

I went and shot flagship bows at a shop, and would love to try the PSE Mach 34, just don’t have the money for the upgrade right now.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
2009 ( i believe) Elite Z28. First bow I owned other than cheap, entry level single cams. Wow. It was like switching from a Chevette to a Corvette. Night and day difference. It became a hand me down bow to get my son's started but every time I see that bow with it's Max1 finish, it makes me smile. I recently shot it and quickly discovered how far things have come since then. DOn't get me wrong, it's definitely still lethal, its just the new stuff is so much smoother drawing with a nice total draw cycle. To each his own.

JBF92

FNG
Hoyt Alphamax 32. Owned it for over 10 years, just upgraded a few years ago and kinda wish I would have held on to it.

manitou1

WKR
My custom Black Widow. Went to the BW shop and picked out my laminates, handle material, draw length and weight.

Second would probably be my Oneida Strike Eagle or Aeroforce for sentimental reasons as it was a magical time in my hunting life.
84363BAE-5FC5-473F-8978-94CDB6D8CE87.jpeg

TheTone

WKR
Second would probably be my Oneida Strike Eagle or Aeroforce for sentimental reasons as it was a magical time in my hunting life.
I’m not sure why but I’ve always wanted to shoot an Oneida. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen on in person.

kowboy

FNG
Love my Mathews HTR. Just shoots like it's part of me. Love my Prime Black 3 but the HTR is just.....well it's just perfect for me. I'll never sell it. I've shot and sold 5 between buying that thing and now.

I guess i'll break away from the crowd on this one. My favorite is a 2010 vintage Darton Pro 3800. Liked it so much I have 2 of them. Taken countless animals with the 3800. I just got a Prelude 32 and haven't even shot it yet. Waiting for Vapor Trail Intergrate rest to get here to set it up. I'm hoping it will be my primary.

SwiftShot

WKR
Bowtech Destroyer 340. That bow and me where in step. Killed a lot of elk with that bow.

chasewild

WKR
Elite E35 was my all around favorite. I should have never sold that one. I've been shooting a V3X 33 all summer now and I have to say I'm really enjoying shooting this bow now. It's still behind the E35 but in a pretty firm #2 spot for me.
Another vote for the 35.

I exploded one in my garage (my fault) and tried the Mathews Traverse. Took it back and rebuilt the E35, and bought another one.

Amazing how if you spend more than a couple seasons with a bow, you actually learn how to shoot it.

manitou1

WKR
I’m not sure why but I’ve always wanted to shoot an Oneida. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen on in person.
My brother and I shot them for years. I have never shot another compound that would come close to comparing with the smooth draw cycle.. and I have shot a lot if them. Could always add 10-15 lbs of draw weight compared to our other bows.