Best hunting packs

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty much impossible to answer your question as it is framed. Pack preferences is highly subjective. There are many posts on this for you to review (through search function) but you should narrow it down a bit by analyzing aspects you can live without vs. must haves in a pack. Is price a major consideration? Will it be a multi function pack used for non-hunting activities? Do you need or want modularity? Do you need meat hauling capability? Is USA made a factor? Pack warranty, bag and frame materials, etc., etc...

Jlt1313

FNG
Which pack did you end up choosing? I went with mystery ranch pop up 28. It suits all my needs and has been a solid choice.

EvanG17

FNG
Own a Stone Glacier talus 6900 and love it. But like others above have said, search function and you will be rewarded with thousands of answers

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
The best pack is which ever one that is loaded with 75-100 pds and fits you the best.......

I feel like it depends on what your doing. I have tried quite a few and I’m a big fan of mystery ranch and kuiu packs. I like pockets and some packs out there are nice and comfortable but no pockets so I avoid them. Hard to beat a Barney’s pack for carrying weight. Won’t go to AK again without one.