Wiser Precision Quick Stix

svivian

WKR
Looking at lightweight alternative to bipods for mountain elk hunt.
Any experience with Wiser Precision Quick Stix?
Durability? Stability? Size when mounted (does it snag on stuff when packing or hiking)?

https://www.wiserprecision.com/collections/quick-stix-system
Ive used mine a bunch and like them alot... you could just as easily use the wrist straps though and get the same results.

They dont get hung up on anything and i hardly notice they are on there. It is also nice to lock my trekking poles together for transportation or storage.

There’s been quite a few discussion of them, try the search thread. They’re a great tool I love and use mine a lot.

2-Stix

WKR
I always have poles and it holds them together nicely and I will set up on them when I am glassing. I dont use the clip that goes on the rifle as I run a spatan for that.

The quick Stix attachment is awesome, locks my trekking poles together for storage, definitely does not get in the way while hiking. I recently bought the pan head, quick clip and 3rd leg to replace my tripod, after having the attachment for years. My only complaint is it’s kind of a pain to make small height adjustments compared to a tripod with a center post. I haven’t yet put a pic rail on my rifle, so I can’t speak to using as a bipod. I have shot with it, using my poles more as shooting sticks than a bipod. Works, but I imagine the clip would be much more stable

If you’re just looking for an ultralight bipod, I highly recommend the Kramer snipepod. I feel comfortable shooting seated with mine out to 400 yards

Dunky

WKR
I have used mine as a bipod with the quick clip locked in and it is a very stable system. Also got the third leg last year and with two trekking poles worked fine with a small spotting scope. Was able to leave the tripod home.

Jeffro

FNG
I love mine. No issues snagging while using them as walking sticks. Also super handy to keep them together when storing them. Used to make a clean kill on a doe 2 seasons ago.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Really good system.. simple and stable... adaptable to multiple heights. Can hit the 8" plates at 425 yards 90% of the time with the quick sticks at sitting height and using my backpack snugged into my body as a rear rest. They allow you to store the hiking poles together and don't interfere with them as hiking sticks.

They work great. I practiced with them (you need to) not as stable as a regular bipod but another tool in the arsenal. I carry a spartan precision bipod too. Don't even notice them on the sticks.

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
I really like them. Handy to clip poles together even when not carrying a gun. Haven't had a problem with them catching on anything (and I've put some bushwhack miles on them).

They aren't always part of my shooting solution (shooting off a steep sidehill at a grouse in a tree, for example - poles aren't long enough for that). They're often very useful, and they weigh nearly nothing.

Could you get the same value out of a ski strap, and some more besides? Maybe.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I have them and have shot off of them a fair amount. The straps can help you get just as steady.

OP
MS Pack Mule
Thanks all for feedback. I'm sold on the trekking pole bipod use.

Was chatting about this with a coworker (who 3D prints for a hobby) and he got some prototypes printed overnight. Will see if they work.

ELKdeerMT

FNG
This may be a good option as well.

polexgear.com
1714674942927.png

The QUickstix look nice too. I just would always try and get prone or use a bipod if I have that option over their gun attachment (just my personal opinion). The only time I use my poles is when I'm in sage or need a quick makeshift rest for a fast shot.