best fuel for jetboil?

oldgoat

WKR
I tried searching but I'm on my phone and got frustrated with the search function. Am I better off just using the jetboil brand fuel or is there a better option?

neverquit

WKR
Aslong as its the iso/butane mix I think they are the same but i found this on there website.

Jetboil is compatible with valves made to the EN417 specification, a standard adopted by manufacturers throughout the world. Please note that the product has not been tested with every different type of fuel canister, and we cannot claim safe operation with any canister other than our Jetpower brand of fuel. *However, if you are unable to find our fuel out on the trail, the following fuel has the same mixture and valve as ours: Brunton, Gigapower, MSR, Primus and Snowpeak.

Kotaman

WKR
Aslong as its the iso/butane mix I think they are the same but i found this on there website.

Jetboil is compatible with valves made to the EN417 specification, a standard adopted by manufacturers throughout the world. Please note that the product has not been tested with every different type of fuel canister, and we cannot claim safe operation with any canister other than our Jetpower brand of fuel. *However, if you are unable to find our fuel out on the trail, the following fuel has the same mixture and valve as ours: Brunton, Gigapower, MSR, Primus and Snowpeak.

I've used MSR, Primus and Gigapower (along with Jetboil) in mine and they all work equally well. I kind of just use what's available and never really thought about which one is "better"...

DaveC

WKR
The higher butane content canisters will have marginally better cold weather performance. Otherwise they're all the same.

dotman

WKR
I swear I heard all the fuels are made by the same company and just labeled for each of the companies that sell them, could be wrong.

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
Probably true dotman, but they can still have different mixtures. Sounds like it's whatever is best price with the highest Butane

whacker1

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed that the jetboil canisters work better than the MSR canisters. The MSR's seem to pop and crackle and not burn quite as consistently as the jetboil. It could be one bad canister, but i have gone back to jetboil. MSR was the only thing available on that particular trip to the store.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Optimus fuel (green can) with mine as well. It was warm out so I can't speak to the cold weather performance but it worked fine at 9000ft.

ScopeScar

FNG
I'm surprised someone hasn't made some sort of a heat transfer tube or rod to warm these fuel cannisters from their own flame.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm surprised someone hasn't made some sort of a heat transfer tube or rod to warm these fuel cannisters from their own flame.
Because someone would invariably blow a canister up and sue them out of business in today's litigation crazy society.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk