Apartment/Small Sq Ft Reloading

Curious about getting into the whole reloading pit due to current events. For those who are currently apartment living or are in a smaller sq Ft home; how are you managing the space required for a setup? how much is too much/too little? If you’re currently in the same situation and reloading, I’d love to see some examples

Lawnboi

WKR
Not anymore, but I started in an apartment.

I had a work mate and clamped the press down. Got a Milwaukee rolling deal to load everything up in when I was done.

It worked fine. Not ideal but loaded a lot of ammo on there

sndmn11

WKR
I use a 2x2 leftover piece of maple butcher block counter top and screw my press to that by hand. I can do stuff on the floor if I want to doing that. Store the press in a drawer in the entertainment center.

I drilled holes in my coffee table and sat on the floor while reloading. I un-bolted before company came over.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
You don’t need much space at all. Space is consumed when you get into a progressive press and are reloading for multiple calibers.

I started with a single stage mounted to a black and decker workmate and stored my components in a plastic box.

A small desk fr a thrift store could be a good option. I store my primers and powder in ammo cans and have a plastic tote for all my other reloading items. I currently use a card table and camp my single stage to it

You don’t need much space at all. Space is consumed when you get into a progressive press and are reloading for multiple calibers.

I started with a single stage mounted to a black and decker workmate and stored my components in a plastic box.

This idea is great. If you want to break it down in the future, build a small bench with bolts and then you can put it in your garage or work room as you expand/get a larger house. You can store your powder / components in a separate shelf in a bedroom closet for example as well. I did this and just took it apart when I moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
When I was waiting to move for a new job and stayed with family for a little bit I bolted my press to a length of 2x12. When I was ready to do some loading I'd clamp it to a small coffee table and set out my trays and chargemaster and have at it while sitting on the couch. Not ideal and it killed my back when I ran of a 1,000 round batch of 300 blackout but it worked. I'd recommend a normal height table and a chair if you go this route though. After I was done I just put all the stuff in the closet and out of the way.

Inline Fabrication will be your best friend! I'll post pics over the weekend, but Inline was created for the reloader with minimal space. I live in a small two-bedroom house, and thanks to Inline, I have an ammo factory.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have a setup in my travel trailer using a lee hand press. Everything fits in a drawer.

Over the years I have mounted a RCBS rockchucker to a barstool and school desk.

If rifle rounds are the only thing you load, I'd just rock Wilson dies and an arbor press.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
A small bench across the back of a 2 ft closet works for me. That way I can leave my stuff out and work on it when I have time.

Great solutions and ideas! I used a Black & Decker workmate for my first 10 years of reloading. Clamp the press to it, room for a scale and cartridge case block as well. Put everything away in a box and fold the workmate for storage. Workmate doubled as its intended purpose for projects as well.