Anyone with experience getting denied for their eform?

gabenzeke

WKR
I'm so furious. Waited 8+ months and got denied. The reason was my name on the trust differs from my legal name. The form asks for aliases and I listed "Gabe" which is the name I go by. Legal name is Gabriel which is listed everywhere else. Anyone had a denial for a stupid reason like this? Do I go back to the end of the line now? I'm almost considering asking for a damn refund and just forgetting about suppressors.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Update: I bought these two cans from my lgs using silencer shops kiosk. Silencer shop is saying I have to resubmit and wait again. I do not understand how their QC process didn't catch this. I'm waiting for their compliance department to review the denial and we will go from there. I'm more than likely going to demand a refund at this point. This process is absurd. For the love of God, abolish the ATF.

Tex68w

WKR
It should be just an addendum to the original e-file and then go back to a reviewer in short order, maybe another month or so. That said, things might have changed, it has been years since I've had to resubmit.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
It should be just an addendum to the original e-file and then go back to a reviewer in short order, maybe another month or so. That said, things might have changed, it has been years since I've had to resubmit.
Hopefully that's the case. LGS said e-file is like a drag race. Nobody looks at it until the very end and if there is a mistake, back to the end of the line you go. Silencer shop compliance department hasn't reached out yet, but their customer service said that I'd be filing new paperwork and it would be just like I'm buying all over again.

fwafwow

WKR
OP - any update on this? My LGS is working on an eform for me and they said that there are technical problems with the eform system, so I'm looking in RS to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I came across this thread and now I'm curious as to how things worked out for you.

We have the same name. I always use Gabriel as it’s my legal name on all nfa items including anything corresponding to nfa like the trust. Sometimes they will give you 30 days to fix something, but doesn’t sound like it this time. Maybe because the mistake is on the trust and that’s why they are not giving you time to fix. I was given 30 days on a lower that I sbr’d years ago but the mistake was with the actual item not the trust.

Yeap on my last suppressor. LGS made a mistake on the paperwork and after 8ish months they had to resubmit the paperwork and I waited another 8ish months. All worked out in the end but wasnt happy about it at the time it happened.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
OP - any update on this? My LGS is working on an eform for me and they said that there are technical problems with the eform system, so I'm looking in RS to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I came across this thread and now I'm curious as to how things worked out for you.
Finally got approved 10/31/23. So five months shy of two years. I sent emails to various agencies and my senator and they got approved the next day if I remember right. Not sure if the emails did it or if that's a coincidence. Glad it's over. I was not a happy camper.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
We have the same name. I always use Gabriel as it’s my legal name on all nfa items including anything corresponding to nfa like the trust. Sometimes they will give you 30 days to fix something, but doesn’t sound like it this time. Maybe because the mistake is on the trust and that’s why they are not giving you time to fix. I was given 30 days on a lower that I sbr’d years ago but the mistake was with the actual item not the trust.
I'm the opposite. I use Gabe everywhere. My reasoning is it seems the vast majority of people cannot read or spell. I used to frequently get called into the doctors office by "Gabrielle" and so as a teenager I started refusing to correct them or answer to that name. Bit me in the arse this time for sure. I'll use the full name going forward when dealing with federal agencies. Though I have my suspicions they're too stupid to read as well. At least I don't have to hear them read it wrong I guess.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
first paper form i submitted was sent back to me after 7 months for correction because my name was used instead of trust name. crossed out my name, wrote in trust name, mailed back and approved

had an eform submitted with my trust and a page was missing from the trust, got an email saying i had 72 hours to get them a complete trust or i'd get denied. emailed full copy of trust, approved the same day.

i'm going to guess it depends on who is reviewing your paperwork and what mood they're in.