For anyone running into issues with "Lifetime Guarantee" on Cabela's brand optics

I've noticed a number of forum posts raising issues with Cabela's honoring the Lifetime Guarantee on their branded optics. After buying a Cabela's Krotos spotter today, I reached out to Cabela's/Bass Pro customer service for details and instructions on how to use the "Guarantee". It was like pulling teeth to get a response from someone who would acknowledge that Guarantee is still in effect, especially after the 2018 merger with Bass Pro, but here are the details on it for anyone who needs to put it to use. I wouldn't expect anything like Vortex's lifetime warranty, but if a manufacturing defect appears on the optic you should be able to get the issue addressed. You'll need a receipt and will have to mail it in.

It'd be great to get feedback from anyone who goes through the process.

To: You

Sat 2/25/2023 4:31 PM

Hello-
We do have a lifetime warranty on our products against manufacturers defects. Do you have a proof of purchase/receipt/order number? Here are the return instructions. We will do the return on a inspection basis only. They will not return it at a retail store. So please mail it.
If you do not have the return form please view this link for our printable return form:

Please include: Name, Address, Phone #, Item being returned, Reason for return, and what you would like done (exchange, credit, or refund). You do not need to fill out the entire chart just the basic information. We recommend insuring the package and shipping standard shipping to:

Customer Returns
Bass Pro Shops
501 Cliffhaven Rd
Prairie Du Chien, WI 53821

Included below is a link for more return details as well:
https://basspro.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/718/
Kimberly A.
Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas Customer Service
1-800-227-7776
[email protected]

---------- Original message ----------
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 13:51
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cabela's Lifetime Guarantee Details

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi,

I recently purchased a Cabela's brand Krotos spotting scope from ones of your stores. The box for the scope and the product manual indicate that it is covered by Cabela's Lifetime Guarantee. Could you provide the details of this guarantee so that I can have the information for future reference in case it's needed?

Thanks,
Chris

I used to shop at Cabelas a lot growing up between 05-2015 but I would agree especially after the merger the I have only been in the store a couple of times and usually don’t buy anything. I used to really like the Cabelas brand clothing. Now I don’t really have any reason to go into the store.

Dos XX

WKR
They Bassified our Cabela's. It got progressively worse and worse. It got to where we couldn't even really pick out stuff to use our Cabela's card points on. We did use Cabela's card points to get a couple of Ruffland kennels for our dogs. After that, I would mostly just pick up shot gun shells to use points. We moved on to another card.

They Bassified our Cabela's. It got progressively worse and worse. It got to where we couldn't even really pick out stuff to use our Cabela's card points on. We did use Cabela's card points to get a couple of Ruffland kennels for our dogs. After that, I would mostly just pick up shot gun shells to use points. We moved on to another card.
Same my work used to give us $200 to Cabelas every year for Christmas and I saved it up and had a hard time even spending it unless I was wanting to buy a gun or something

Matt G.

WKR
I have a hard time going to that store these days. They are building a new basspro down the street from me and cabelas is 10 min away. The quality of the gear has gone down and I really hate their camo pattern. Looks like a dark blob. These days I go to other places to buy.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk