Sharing my Cabela's experience for their unbeatable price

xugz0212

FNG
I always see people saying that cabela's price is not the the best bang for their money unless for the discounted items in bargin cave. I just wanna share some tricks I used to save money from cabela's and i have to say their prices are mostly unbeatable if you following steps, even for non-discounted items.

For example, I just bought the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29×56 and Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15×50 rifle scope from them last month. The MSRP is $1799 and $799 everywhere respectively, but I only paid $1234.7 for the Cronus and $595 for the Ares at cabela's (including ~8.5% tax as I'm in CA, you pay less if cabelas doesn't collect tax at your state). I don't see anywhere else can beat these prices. BTW, the Athlon scope is really nice (just got my Ares and Cronus is still in backorder), but that's probably for another thread;)

So here's what you need to do:

1. You need to use cabela's gift cards for purchase. Ebay has their $100 gc for sale for only $82 quite offten (even $80 sometimes, but kinda rare). Just follow the seller called 'svmgiftcards'. they ususlly have it onsale every 2 weeks or so but it goes quickly everytime. The only down side is you have to wait them to mail you the cards, normally 5-7 days.

2. If you dunt see them on sale on ebay by the time or you wanna egift card which is more convenient, you can go to Raise: Buy and Sell Gift Cards - Exchange Gift Cards. They always have cabelas egift card on sale from 12%off to 15% depending on the availability. Your egift codes would be received by email in a few minutes. You can also purchase bass pro gift cards from them if the discount is better. And simply call cabelas customer service to switch to cabelas gift cards. Trust me, really simply and easy that I've done a few times. Besides, Raise usually has some promotion like additional 5%off or $10off of your order which makes your deal even better. A more advanced way is go to Swagbucks - Free Gift Cards for Paid Surveys and More first, search raise.com there and let swagbucks redirect you to raise for gift card purchasing, which gives you another 2% cashback for you money spent on raise.com.

3. After getting your gift cards and now you are ready to shopping, go to Active Junky, which is a cash rewards site and cabela's is currently 7% rewards now. Search cabelas in activejunky and it will redirect you there. Now enjoy your shopping, but keep in mind use the same browser tab that activejunky redirects you to. I usually go to cabelas directly and add all my items to cart first. And I go to activejunky to let it redirect me to cabelas for just checking out. BTW, activejunky had 10% cashback and swagbucks had 12% cashback for cabelas in December. :(

4. This step is optional but saves more money. Apply for cabelas visa club credit card. Cabelas has site-wide 10%off for card holder at least about once a month. It has no annual fee and has saved me hundreds of $$$ already. The 10% promotion for card member just happened yesterday.

Ok, now let's do the math:

Assuming you don't have 18%gc from ebay and have to get it from raise.com with 13%off (the discount would be even better if you get them when Raise has additional promotions which is usually every other week), so it's actually 15%off considering 2% cashback from swagbucks.

The actual price you get for any non-discounted cabelas item is:

0.85×0.93=0.7905 (if you dunt have their credit card)

0.85×0 93×0.9=0.71145 (if you have their credit card)

This is really an unbeatable price for most of their items, not even to mention for those already discounted items or if you get their 18%off gift cards from ebay.

I know I sound like a cabela's salesman now, but seriously I have no relation with them, not even knowing a single person working for cabela's. Anyway, just sharing my 0.02 to save my hard earned money from them. Thx for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I always see people saying thar cabela's price is not the the best bang for their money unless for the discounted items in bargin cave. I just wanna share some tricks I used to save money from cabela's and i have to say their prices are mostly unbeatable if you follow my tricks, even for non-discounted items.

1. You need to use cabela's gift cards for purchase. Ebay has their $100 gc for sale for only $82 quite offten. Just follow the seller called 'svmgiftcards'. they ususlly have this onsale every 2 weeks but it goes quickly everytime. The only down side is you have to wait them to mail you the cards, normally 5-7 days.

2. If you dunt see them on sale on ebay by the time or you wanna egift card which is more convenient, you can go to Raise: Buy and Sell Gift Cards - Exchange Gift Cards. They always have cabelas egift card on sale from 12%off to 15% depending on the availability. Your egift codes would be received in a few minutes. You can also purchase bass pro gift cards from them if the discount is better. And simply call cabelas to switch to cabelas gift cards. Trust me, really simply and easy that I've done a few times. Besides, Raise usually has some promotion like additional 5%off of $10off which makes your deal even better. A more advanced way is go to Swagbucks - Free Gift Cards for Paid Surveys and More first, search raise.com there and let swagbucks redirect you to raise for gift card purchasing, which gives you another 2% cashback for you money spent on raise.com.

3. After getting your gift cards and now you are ready to shopping, go to Active Junky, which is a cash rewards site and cabela's is current 7% rewards now. Search cabelas in activejunky and it will redirect you there. Now enjoy your shopping, but keep in mind use the same browser tab that activejunky redirects you to. I usually go to cabelas directly and add all my items to cart first. And I go to activejunky to let it redirect me to cabelas for just checking out. BTW, activejunky had 10% cashback and swagbucks had 12% cashback for cabelas in December. :(

4. This step is optional but saves more money. Apply for cabelas visa club credit card. Cabelas has site-wide 10%off for card holder at least about once a month. It has no annual fee and has saved me hundreds of $$$ already. The 10% promotion for card member just happened yesterday.

Ok, now let's do the math:

Assuming you don't have 18%gc from ebay and have to get it from raise.com with 13%off, so it's actually 15%off (the discount would be even better if you get them when Raise has additional promotions which is usually every other week) considering 2% cashback from swagbucks.

The actual price you get for any non-discounted cabelas item is:

0.85×0.93=0.7905 (if you dunt have their credit card)

0.85×0 93×0.9=0.71145 (if you have their credit card)

This is really an unbeatable price for most of their items, not even to mention for those already discounted items or if you get their 18%off gift cards from ebay. For example, I just ordered an Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29×56 rifle scope from them last month. The MSRP is $1799 everywhere, but I only paid $1234.7 at cabela's (including ~8.5% tax as I'm in CA, you pay less if cabelas doesn't collect tax at your state). I don't see anywhere else can beat this price.

I know I sound like a cabela's salesman now, but seriously I have no relation with them, not even knowing a single person working for cabela's. Anyway, just sharing my 0.02 to save my hard earned money from them. Thx for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for writing this all out. This is what I do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
The gift cards were even better recently at $80 for $100 so 20% off. Add that with 7% Active Junkie and 10% from being a card member and that would be 37% off, right?

OP
X

xugz0212

FNG
The gift cards were even better recently at $80 for $100 so 20% off. Add that with 7% Active Junkie and 10% from being a card member and that would be 37% off, right?

Nope. Have to say your math is not good enough;) 0.8*0.93*0.9=0.6696. So that's ~33% off.

mw243270

FNG
Hey, sorry I may be missing something. How to you use the gift card and the credit card to get both discounts? wouldn't it be one or the other?

OP
X

xugz0212

FNG
Hey, sorry I may be missing something. How to you use the gift card and the credit card to get both discounts? wouldn't it be one or the other?

You purchase the gift cards from either ebay or raise.com with discounted price in advance. (e.g. $100 gc for $82 only). Then you use your gift cards just like cash to do the purchase on Cabela's when they have 10% off promotion for their credit card holder. You don't need to use the credit card to be qualified for the promotion, only being a card holder is enough.

You purchase the gift cards from either ebay or raise.com with discounted price in advance. (e.g. $100 gc for $82 only). Then you use your gift cards just like cash to do the purchase on Cabela's when they have 10% off promotion for their credit card holder. You don't need to use the credit card to be qualified for the promotion, only being a card holder is enough.
That didn't work for me last time. They made me pay for some of it with my Cabela's card.

OP
X

xugz0212

FNG
That didn't work for me last time. They made me pay for some of it with my Cabela's card.

Not sure why it didn't work for you last time, but it did work for me all the time. Even if they make you pay for some with card, just pay for the very small amount like ~$10 with your card and let your gift cards do the rest of the work.