Anyone else ever get shingles?

Rock-o

WKR
I've had it... twice... both times in my eye. That was brutal. Doc says I'm incalculably lucky that I didn't lose sight. Good thing is I came out of the first bout a non-smoker. That was 8(?) years ago.

Backyard

WKR
Sadly that's logic this day and age.

And by that you mean what?
Everyone I know that has had the 2 shots haven’t had the shit that everyone on here is prescribing their best remedy for including me. Yes, I’ve had chicken pox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldpuck

FNG
Yes. Twice. First time in my early 30’s on neck and back from injuring a cervical nerve weightlifting -squatting. Bad first week not bad after 10 days. Second time last February in my late 60’s. On my face going down eye toward optic nerve. Much worse and lasted 6 weeks with an anti-viral to protect my vision. Didn’t get the shingles vaccine because doc said chances of second outbreak equal to vaccine. This was just prior to the double shingles vaccine coming out. Second outbreak consistent with lowered immune system following first Covid booster (after getting my two shots). Doc also said likely increase we are seeing in shingles is related. Asked doc about getting the shingles vaccine now. He (and two others I asked) recommended waiting 12 months since February outbreak. Point being nobody knows much, even now.

And yes had chicken pox as a kid. Ophthalmologist said 2021-2022 were his yearly records for shingles referrals in 20 years of practice.

Hey you get through it. Might have some minor scarring as the worst thing, so long as it is not n your eye.

Scarier

FNG
Yeah, got it in my early 20s the day after an ultramarathon. It was pretty terrible for a few days--I think I was prescribed some kind of steroid for it that worked wonders.

I got it and it was painful. Very random and felt like bee stings. I had it unknowingly and gave my 6 month old daughter chicken pox because of it. I went to the dr got the meds and it cleared right up.

Weldor

WKR
I got them 2 years ago in the middle of a cow elk hunt, pain wasn't as bad as the burning rash right where my bino rig sat on my left chest area. It was 7 days before we got off the mountain, Doc said the antivirals probably won't do any good because it was past the first 5 days. Lasted about a month but was fully functionable at work and home used Capricine cream worked good. I had no blisters which I guess alot people get . 59 when I got'em.

OP
G

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
21 days later and I’m starting to feel better. Still get random shooting nerve pains and some random burning pain at the rash.
It’s the shooting pain at my spine that still takes my breath away, but it’s getting less frequent.

hikenhunt

WKR
Sounds like you've had a tougher case than me. Mine was achy pains in my back and sensitive skin for about a week. My account sounds very mild to most of the stories in here