Anyone else bothered by NON-RES Alien's applying in the States

I can't imagine giving less of a shit whether the next nonresident hunter I run into is from Wisconsin or Canada. As long as they're not Pennsylvanians...

I agree, but I also think if they as a country won’t allow you or I to hunt without an outfitter maybe we as a country should reciprocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but I also think if they as a country won’t allow you or I to hunt without an outfitter maybe we as a country should reciprocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see it more like the rules for wilderness in Wyoming and certain species in Alaska. It's a provincial thing.

I don't like the Canadian government and don't believe I will be spending any money inside of their borders in the near future. But I do not see this as a national reciprocity issue.

Since I believe that I should not be required to use a guide or outfitter, I also believe that others should not be bound by that.

Pgidley

FNG
Asking permission in ND, the only issue I've had with being a Canadian is people initially thinking I'm from Minnesota. Once had a farmer say "OK well go ahead, as long as you aren't from Minnesota" while suspiciously eyeing my license plates.

Its an issue I'm supportive of, we should have full reciprocity across all provinces and between USA and Canada. Its another case where the outfitters have had too much influence.

Gobbler36

WKR
Living close to the Canadian border I'd love to do some spring bear hunting on Vancouver island, or put in for some Elk and Mule deer draws. Unless I'm missing something, you cant hunt big game in Canada DIY as an American. Yet I see them drawing premium NM, Wy tags down here. Shouldn't the rules be the same for them? I mean they have more animals and less people than the US.
Yes drives me nuts As well and think it’s total BS

Mtndawger

FNG
I’m bothered by the way we bicker about hunting and fishing access and opportunity no matter where it is. The fact of the matter is it’s a diminishing resource which needs to be managed. Everyone fencing off their individual corner is going to lead to more of the same.

Canada is not a real country. Their “laws” and “government” might as well have been scratched out by a toddler with a crayon. It’s best to just forget it exists and under no circumstances should you subject yourself to their silly attempt at law enforcement by crossing their imaginary line in the woods they call a border. We should have invaded Canada a long time ago.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
It's all of our public wildlife and non residents have every right to pay and enjoy hunting in any state. Hunter diversity creates progress.

It's all of our public wildlife and non residents have every right to pay and enjoy hunting in any state. Hunter diversity creates progress.
If you reside in the United Staes and are a tax paying citizen, sure you have a right to hunt and fish given a tag or permit is deemed available. Canadians or non-citizen aliens in the USA? Hell no. We may allow them access to a pool of tags for our wildlife, but under no circumstance do they have a RIGHT to anything. They can kick rocks.

Not necessarily responding to you Steve, but the original thread topic.