Anyone appendix carry with an RMR/MRD?

You all that appendix carry a Sig P365(xl) with a red dot, what holster are you using?

Last edited:

smithjd

FNG
I should put a plug in for JM Custom Kydex. One of the best in AIWB Kydex.

I have read good things about Tenicor, but have no reason to look anywhere else but JM Custom.

OP
J
A bit disappointed. The RMR. The blue hue is annoying. The window is smaller than I thought. The HoloSuns seem brighter. Clearer. Easier to get on.

The RMR also feels like a 1.5X. Not a true 1X. Also my first red reticle. I do prefer green.

But the overall package of G45 and a MRD seems amazing. Gun is still light and nimble. Does not feel clunky or huge.

I’ll have to wait until a holster comes in to really tell. But I think it’s got promise.

Accuracy for a factory gun was pretty good. Got some 3” groups at 50 yards off a bag. Sight in was pretty simple. Bolted the optic on and it was ready to race. Right to POA.

84BAE3B2-7FCE-4F30-9512-75823AF08515.jpeg

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
A bit disappointed. The RMR. The blue hue is annoying. The window is smaller than I thought. The HoloSuns seem brighter. Clearer. Easier to get on.

The RMR also feels like a 1.5X. Not a true 1X. Also my first red reticle. I do prefer green.

I’m assuming you know this already but wanted to say it in case you do not since you mentioned the blue hue of the RMR. With a combat style pistol like a Glock and a red dot sight you should be getting most of the sight picture from your non dominant eye. With two good eyes you should be seeing a clear target from your non dominant eye with a red dot superimposed on that from your dominant eye. You should be focusing on the target and the dot should just “show up” without consciously looking “through” the RMR. This is a game changer if done correctly.

bkennedy2

FNG
I've got 2 P320s, one compact, one carry with threaded barrel. One has Sig Romeo1, one has holosun 507c. Both are great. I like the Holosun better. I appendix carry them both. Never had any issues with either aside from the glass getting a little dirty over time. The romeo1 came with a cover for the optic but I choose not to run that.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
You all that appendix carry a Sig P3665(xl) with a red dot, what holster are you using?
I use a Trex Arms sidecar and a Vedder light tuck.

I'm debating a black arch because I like yhe sidecar but I don't always want the gun and a spare mag and the Vedder isn't as comfortable as the TRex. But I also don't want to be that invested in Holsters for a $600 gun.

OP
J
I’m assuming you know this already but wanted to say it in case you do not since you mentioned the blue hue of the RMR. With a combat style pistol like a Glock and a red dot sight you should be getting most of the sight picture from your non dominant eye. With two good eyes you should be seeing a clear target from your non dominant eye with a red dot superimposed on that from your dominant eye. You should be focusing on the target and the dot should just “show up” without consciously looking “through” the RMR. This is a game changer if done correctly.
Guess you confused me. I shoot both eyes open. I have no issues seeing the dot, finding the dot or seeing the target. 27 professional years of irons...it takes me a few draws to get it quicker and more readily.

Still fully feel the Trijicon has a very distinct and annoying blue tone to the image. And field of view if for certain more reduced and smaller than a side by side comparison of a very inexpensive HoloSun 407