An encounter that was scary

Top Dog

FNG
Cutting edge,

I mentioned this sometime before,there is a book out 4 Seconds Until Impact by Bruce "Buckshot" Deming that has numerous documented accounts of attacks by wolves,bears,coyote etc a very worthwile read.

My go to piece when squirrel hunting is my Benjamin Discovery PCP 22 air rifle,but on my hip in an El Paso Saddlery cross draw holster is my Ruger SP-101 357/3 inch with my home brewed loads.

A serious coyote problem in my area with many folks while walking their dogs are attacked.

Lots of posters up about missing Fidos and Flufflies,a sure sign of coyote activity.

Top Dog

Went out hunting tonight and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away 3 of the wolves broke away think they seen me I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could, I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree it worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark then as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me I yelled to stop it and when it stopped I guessed to be 30 yards. another arrow on its way and it hit its mark, it was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in... hope there's not alot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to... to add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting
To bad you didn't smoke the whole pack!

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Ya is something I dint think I will ever forget or top...

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Lol didnt stick around long enough for the others

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Ya that would be scary and make your heart jump

OP
Cam107