Alone....what roksliders do you think could do it?

Love the show and have crazy respect for the trad bow folks bustin those tiny a$$ spruce squirrels with them. Dang things aren't any bigger than a ground squirrel.

Callie was a savage. I hated to see her go, and I think she'd have stayed if they'd let her even if she started dropping toes.

There was another woman on their that made like a whole jacket out of rabbit furs she collected. She was a little nutty but had crazy good skills.

Roland was next level. That dude had awesome skills and was smart. He hit that musk ox in the a$$ with an arrow and finished it with multiple stabs/slashes with a hunting knife! Eating the stomach contents, cheeks, and nose of that musk ox were unbelievable. He even redered some of the fat to condition his gloves and skin. He was thriving in the rock house for sure.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Funny how someone brought this thread back to life, All you guys talking like u would win it could get your chance, a couple weeks ago I got contacted on behalf of rokslide by a lady that helps cast/produce some kinda show similar to alone. She asked if we knew anyone on here to recommend. We told her to join the forum and ask away, we were sure she would get some volunteers. Havent seen her sign up yet, so totally coulda been some shady s**t but who knows

Randle

WKR
If the gal from Sandpoint wins this year, then any Rokslider could
I mean she just has a can do attitude and is alittle off but seems to be doing good
Go team Idaho
3 s a charm

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
Funny how someone brought this thread back to life, All you guys talking like u would win it could get your chance, a couple weeks ago I got contacted on behalf of rokslide by a lady that helps cast/produce some kinda show similar to alone. She asked if we knew anyone on here to recommend. We told her to join the forum and ask away, we were sure she would get some volunteers. Havent seen her sign up yet, so totally coulda been some shady s**t but who knows
I’m 50-something, deaf, and chubby. Spent my childhood and early adulthood doing stuff like that. My dad would give my sister and i each one match to hang onto for the fires on our trips. LoL! Good times.

It is the best series on TV. Wish i had that channel…

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 50-something, deaf, and chubby. Spent my childhood and early adulthood doing stuff like that. My dad would give my sister and i each one match to hang onto for the fires on our trips. LoL! Good times.

It is the best series on TV. Wish i had that channel…
You can watch for free on the history channel website, I think there’s a short delay between a new episode on tv and it getting posted but not long

Is DoorDash allowed ? Otherwise keep your money Uncle Sams/Governor gonna take a lot of it.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Personnaly I think I would need quite a bit of luck to do well or even win. Especially after knowing what I know now. I went to school with Roland....great guy and the real deal. Every day after school and sometimes before school he was out in the woods...trapping and hunting. Very genuine guy. I had no doubt that he could do it. He had the skills, but more importantly he has the mindset and the drive to accomplish nearly anything he puts his mind to.

Trial153

WKR
I think the biggest constraint is the distance limit from the drop off . Something like 6 square miles…. That’s pretty much nothing when your hunting and foraging for subsistence purposes.

Hate to Derail the thread but what 10 items are you taking from the gear selection list? 10 is not a lot when you start putting the list together.

ksaubier

FNG
Hate to Derail the thread but what 10 items are you taking from the gear selection list? 10 is not a lot when you start putting the list together.

I was surprised to see some people skip bringing a fire starter. Then they struggle with fire. I’d have to set out as many traps, snares, gill net, fishing lines, etc. for passive food chances.

dtrkyman

WKR
I could do it easy, as long as it’s not cold, hot, wet or buggy and there was lots of food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainman89

FNG
A similar challenge for the educational benefit would be amazing experience, but the lack of social interaction would be the death of me.