ALONE-FROZEN- AND STUPID

OMG...the series disclaimer urging viewers not to attempt this stuff is dead on. Some of the so-called survivalists don't even common sense much less expert training. I mean, who takes a down sleeping bag into a wet, freezing environment for use in a natural shelter? Two of em have soaking wet bags...I would be in my Wiggy's synthetic bag...it would keep ya warm if wet.

And this guy...WTF?

Alone-Frozen-Cast-Member.png

If you are prone to "anxiety attacks" then maybe you should not record your weaknesses for national television in surroundings you "cannot control." I mean almost losing his pot, soaking his sleeping bag, comparing himself returning Vietnam Veterans after "his suffering in Patagonia"...good God man, there is no comparison. NONE! Greg just talked about negatives for six days until he mourged himself out and pushed the button. If you intend to live in the wilderness in dismally adverse conditions you better have the right attitude and be goal driven. Otherwise stay home.

If you cannot erect a tarp in a way that it doesn't flap and/or develop lots of holes...you are no survival expert. What are you doing in Labrador in winter? Same goes for Mark who bailed on Day 5 cuz he missed his son. These "experts" are supposed to be seeking REDEMPTION from previous efforts on ALONE so we expect them to be more prepared, more resolved, more tenacious, more everything. But instead they come off looking like manginas. The women on the other hand have grit and healthier attitudes.

It makes me question if they intentionally place "certain people" on the show knowing full well they will cave quickly and provide contrast to those actually intending to last 50 days no matter what. Winter in Labrador is level 10 survival requiring common sense, smart planning and lots of stubbornness. I think there are Roksliders far better prepared to survive Labrador than some of these contestants and the producers want the anguish and suffering and complaining to make the show more watchable and increase ratings. Some of the contestants clearly have no business being there and will never achieve redemption. JMO, I could be wrong.

I hope a gal wins this one.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ve seen all the seasons but the new one... Is that brunette gal who would have won Patagonia, but had to be med checked out due to weight loss on this one new redemption season?

She got a barbed fish hook stuck in her hand in Mongolia redemption season or I think she would have won that one. I think her name is Karley. Badass chick.

Sled

WKR
I understand the idea behind what they were trying to do here with the short show but it's not overly entertaining or informational. Seems like a fail so far.

OMG...the series disclaimer urging viewers not to attempt this stuff is dead on. Some of the so-called survivalists don't even common sense much less expert training. I mean, who takes a down sleeping bag into a wet, freezing environment for use in a natural shelter? Two of em have soaking wet bags...I would be in my Wiggy's synthetic bag...it would keep ya warm if wet.

And this guy...WTF?

Alone-Frozen-Cast-Member.png

If you are prone to "anxiety attacks" then maybe you should not record your weaknesses for national television in surroundings you "cannot control." I mean almost losing his pot, soaking his sleeping bag, comparing himself returning Vietnam Veterans after "his suffering in Patagonia"...good God man, there is no comparison. NONE! Greg just talked about negatives for six days until he mourged himself out and pushed the button. If you intend to live in the wilderness in dismally adverse conditions you better have the right attitude and be goal driven. Otherwise stay home.

If you cannot erect a tarp in a way that it doesn't flap and/or develop lots of holes...you are no survival expert. What are you doing in Labrador in winter? Same goes for Mark who bailed on Day 5 cuz he missed his son. These "experts" are supposed to be seeking REDEMPTION from previous efforts on ALONE so we expect them to be more prepared, more resolved, more tenacious, more everything. But instead they come off looking like manginas. The women on the other hand have grit and healthier attitudes.

It makes me question if they intentionally place "certain people" on the show knowing full well they will cave quickly and provide contrast to those actually intending to last 50 days no matter what. Winter in Labrador is level 10 survival requiring common sense, smart planning and lots of stubbornness. I think there are Roksliders far better prepared to survive Labrador than some of these contestants and the producers want the anguish and suffering and complaining to make the show more watchable and increase ratings. Some of the contestants clearly have no business being there and will never achieve redemption. JMO, I could be wrong.

I hope a gal wins this one.
Reality TV is anything but. People who are cast are not necessarily done for who is the “best” to win; it’s more often done for whose “best” for ratings.

While some things are real, there’ll also be some things staged to “draw” the audience in.

Phaseolus

WKR
A warm man steps out of his house into a wet Wiggy’s bag and is ok, an already wet and freezing man will die in a wet Wiggy’s bag. Keep your gear dry.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I understand the idea behind what they were trying to do here with the short show but it's not overly entertaining or informational. Seems like a fail so far.
Gotta agree. Pretty disappointing.

Michael54

WKR
Oh man remember the Alone guy from a few years ago? He ranted and raved about how much better he was than the contestants 🤣🤣

I like Alone. It’s definitely the most real out of all the survival type shows. I do think they pick certain people for the entertainment value. There’s a lot of people that are qualified who end up on the show. Clay is definitely my favorite. I’m so glad he got the chance to do the show and win. Some seasons are better than others. I’m not a fan of the guys who gain tons of weight and try to out starve the rest. Yes it works but is boring to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
i Had a good high point for glassing last elk season, and caught a view of some guy and a girl about a mile away in an opening Both nekkid as jaybirds prancing around Waving their bows around like a couple Indians doing a war dance. Kept looking for a camera crew thinking this had to be some naked and afraid tv thing I had dropped on me. Nope, just a couple kids being silly.

DanimalW

WKR
i Had a good high point for glassing last elk season, and caught a view of some guy and a girl about a mile away in an opening Both nekkid as jaybirds prancing around Waving their bows around like a couple Indians doing a war dance. Kept looking for a camera crew thinking this had to be some naked and afraid tv thing I had dropped on me. Nope, just a couple kids being silly.
At least you were mildly entertained

But were they compound bows? Or traditional? We all know those migration dances only work with trad bows.

It makes me question if they intentionally place "certain people" on the show knowing full well they will cave quickly and provide contrast to those actually intending to last 50 days no matter what.
Do you really expect them to pick a bunch of people that can quietly handle it without drama? Its a "reality" show. They need drama so the average person that knows nothing about the outdoors will watch.

ODB

WKR
Reality TV is anything but. People who are cast are not necessarily done for who is the “best” to win; it’s more often done for whose “best” for ratings.

While some things are real, there’ll also be some things staged to “draw” the audience in.

Correct: I know people who have been on the Apprentice, Extreme Home Makeover, The Doctors, Wife Swap, and some hunting shows. To a person they say the same thing: they wish they had never participated in the scam that is “reality” TV.

CorbLand

WKR
Do you really expect them to pick a bunch of people that can quietly handle it without drama? Its a "reality" show. They need drama so the average person that knows nothing about the outdoors will watch.
Its like the Mountain Men show. Half the people on there live within a couple miles of paved roads and a couple miles from town. Its all designed for people that think roughing it is having more than one tree in your yard.

It doubles the audience by doing it. You get the people that dont have a clue that watch it because its hard and you get people that do have a clue that watch it for the joke it is.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
The great slave lake seasons I enjoyed. Interesting to see when people break down and decide they've had enough. And who refused to quit even as they are starving to death basicly.