AKEK Pack - Arguably The Best New Pack Around - What's Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnedeker

WKR
First impressions:

1. Design is too complicated for me personally...but then again, I'm a "garbage bag with straps" kind of guy so take that with a grain of salt.
2. Too expensive for a made in china pack. Every other competitor in this space that sells premium backpacks at that price range are at least assembled in the USA, if not 100% Berry compliant.
3. Too heavy for it's size. As a comparison, the SG 3300 pack and frame weighs 2 pounds less than this.

Welcome to Rokslide! Always good to see a new sponsor. I hope you find this feedback helpful! Good luck with your company!

ljalberta

WKR
I'm always interested in testing new gear. Wouldn't say no to getting my hands on a new pack option.

What’s your argument for a Chinese made pack being better than American made packs that have proven themselves all across the globe for at least a decade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The economics of keeping our money in the U.S. As a consumer I benefit from the competition of China but I will always buy U.S. made over China because it keeps my money in circulation here and benefits our economy. And there is a sense of pride from knowing you have stuff thats Made in U.S.A.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

The economics of keeping our money in the U.S. As a consumer I benefit from the competition of China but I will always buy U.S. made over China because it keeps my money in circulation here and benefits our economy. And there is a sense of pride from knowing you have stuff thats Made in U.S.A.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
I agree, plus other reasons for me as well. Chinese government is not our friend in the end

Catchfish

WKR
Hard for me to judge a backpack without it being in my back with weight. I like some of the features, I could see my wet tent being stuffed in the second meat rack at times. Looks like the waist strap pulls forward. But again hard to judge without it being on my back.

First glance there is no way I would buy it. It's heavy for the size, way too many pockets, (probably why its heavy) and it's an unknown. If someone I hunted with used one and I saw it used in person it might change my mind if I liked the features. But on a screen it doesn't pencil out. ( I liked SG packs until I saw one used on an elk hunt and tried it with weight. On the other hand EXO will be the pack I buy for my kid after seeing one used in the field)

I do like the quick release, I like the size, (looking for something this size for the kid), curious about the one size fits all belt. The price with the discount isn't bad at all.

Some info you could add to your site would be weights of different configurations.

First glance there is no way I would buy it. It's heavy for the size, way too many pockets, (probably why its heavy) and it's an unknown. If someone I hunted with used one and I saw it used in person it might change my mind if I liked the features. But on a screen it doesn't pencil out. ( I liked SG packs until I saw one used on an elk hunt and tried it with weight. On the other hand EXO will be the pack I buy for my kid after seeing one used in the field)

I do like the quick release, I like the size, (looking for something this size for the kid), curious about the one size fits all belt. The price with the discount isn't bad at all.

Some info you could add to your site would be weights of different configurations.
To me, it looked like the only 2 configurations are: with the little .5 lb pack attached and without it, unless im mistaken lol

To me, it looked like the only 2 configurations are: with the little .5 lb pack attached and without it, unless im mistaken lol
I am curious what the weight is of the frame and load sling. The frame, sling, and pack. And the frame, sling, pack, and baby pack.

Unless I missed it and you have to use the pack bag with the load sling.

I am curious what the weight is of the frame and load sling. The frame, sling, and pack. And the frame, sling, pack, and baby pack.

Unless I missed it and you have to use the pack bag with the load sling.
Gotcha. Thats a good point, im sure they will come out with different bags down the road too. Should weigh alot less if they lose most of those zippered pockets i imagine

WKR
I like the idea of the quick-release strap for a weapon. I also like the smaller hydration pack, but I've done that using a Kuiu system that was cheaper, is lighter, has more volume, and comes in a larger variety of colors. I'd be happy to test one of these to see how it compares.

Edit: "Highest quality materials known to man" is a bit of a stretch. Where are the videos of real-world use from real hunters?

Last edited:
A couple thoughts from a recovering pack addict.

A carbon fiber frame has been proven by a couple companies, but also seen a fair amount of criticism for early iterations and releasing to market before enough testing. I would like to see a more in depth video or series of videos going over the frame, carbon fiber construction method, and how the suspension articulates to it.

I would like to see multiple belt sizes and options for a slick belt with optional pouches.

Are there different bag options on the future?

I think the rifle sling is a very good idea.

A lot of guys on this forum need to see the features in a tutorial video, not just the marketing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

stonewall

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide. hard to say without actually testing it. the things I'd question are the comfort and function of the waist belt and the function of the load lifters. personally, i don't like so many pockets. the rifle quick release is pretty cool. as stated by others, not made in china would be a plus

Status
Not open for further replies.