AKEK Pack - Arguably The Best New Pack Around - What's Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be up for testing this and giving a review. I do rucks 3/4 times a week with varying weight so that would be a quick and easy test of fit and function as it relates to being under load.

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Good looking layout.

Is the belt 1” webbing in front?

Are the buckles compatible with the standard ITW type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The webbing strap for the front belt is actually 1 1/1 wide.
And yes the buckles fit standard ITW. Thanks for looking!

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like a lot of thought went into your pack design. Can't wait to see it at the expo this weekend. What is your booth number?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Our booth is #1002. Look forward to seeing you there!

Hello from Michigan, I would love to have the opportunity to try out this new pack. Between rucking/training, whitetail deer hunting here in Michigan and my annual trip out west I'm sure I could put it through the ringer and could give an honest assessment here on Rokslide.

Thanks for your consideration

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I like the built in removable small pack. Great idea. Any plans for blaze orange color? I’d buy one now if you did.

WKR
My thoughts:

Too many small pockets to lose stuff. Too complex.

I might like the quick release. Already have a Kifaru gun bearer which I like but a quick release of the bow from the pack might be a nice addition.

I'm probably not your target though. Prefer more simple structure with fewer pockets. Similarly, I'm not a fan of the Kifaru "modularity" where you need to add on all sorts of things. Too Clampett for me.

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots of questions:
Where exactly overseas is it made?
What length torso’s does it fit?
Can you show much more detail on the load lifters and how the pack attaches to the top of the frame.
It looks like the hip pouches are sewed to the belt eliminating the ability to attach a holster, sheath, or other item. Is that the case?
What does the pack weigh without the daypack? Are the straps removable from the day pack?

Looks interesting, but the website and videos lack detail I’m interested in.
We welcome questions!

1st. Yes we do have this assembled overseas (china, just like some of KUIU and some others). That being said when you purchase AKEK products you definitely help support many US families that are apart of our team. Our focus is QUALITY over quantity. This is why we offer a lifetime warranty of course!

2nd. For the length of torso it is very adjustable and versatile... so it should fit anyone just fine. We have had many people test in various sizes and all are happy so far. We are looking forward to getting some Rokslide reviews on here soon!

3. See attached for load lifter picture.

4. Great question about the the sewn in pockets. Current yes they are sewn. In a few months we are releasing a new belt that allows for holsters and so forth!

5. Daypack is 1/2 lb. The shoulder straps are not currently removable from the daypack.

Thanks for the questions!

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 81
My thoughts:

Too many small pockets to lose stuff. Too complex.

I might like the quick release. Already have a Kifaru gun bearer which I like but a quick release of the bow from the pack might be a nice addition.

I'm probably not your target though. Prefer more simple structure with fewer pockets. Similarly, I'm not a fan of the Kifaru "modularity" where you need to add on all sorts of things. Too Clampett for me.
I had similar thoughts too, as well as it seems heavy. I don't like tons of small pockets personally

Our New Premium Alpha 3200 Hunting Backpack.

As a group of hunters ourselves, many packs we used left us feeling like something was missing. We wanted a pack that fulfilled this void we felt, So we created the Alpha 3200.

We are giving away a FREE pack every week this month! Every person that COMMENTS on this post will automatically be entered into the giveaway. We have many users already, but we want even more hunters to get hooked! Especially here on Rokslide we want honest reviews and feedback so we can make future models even better!

Furthermore we are offering all Rokslide members a $114 discount. Visit our website & Enter code ROK on the checkout page.

Features:
  • Cordura 500D Nylon ( Ultra strong and lightweight)
  • Carbon Fiber Frame
  • Large Waterproof YKK Zippers
  • 3200 Cubic Inch capacity
  • 2 separate meat shelves
  • Removable daypack or stalking pack
  • Bottom zipper to easily access main pocket
  • (7) zippered compartments & 2 side elastic snap compartments.
  • 2 Seperate water bladder storage holder pockets
  • Adjustable Shoulder Straps
  • Quick release pull for rifle or bow
  • Ammo holder inside front pocket
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Dimensions 26 x 15 x 8 in
  • Weight including frame: 5lb -11oz

VISIT Our website at www.akek.com
The team that designed this pack knew a thing or two. I really like the quick release weapon harness and the shelves design. Ya'll nailed it!

hikenhunt

WKR
Not a bad weight for having a separate small pack attached. Is the frame height adjustable? The load lifters looked horizontal in the video.

Seems heavy for a 3200 ci pack- I’m not huge on all the pockets and knickknacks- but I’m from an UL backpacking background.

bozeman

WKR
Welcome to the forum and thanks for offering these to Rokslide.
Initial thoughts:
5lbs + (that's hefty)
Alot of small compartments (to me, too easy to lose something)

Quick release (nice)
Frame height availability (adjustable?)

Best of luck in your entrepreneurial venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.