AB Raptor suppressor - Reflex

OP
G

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I read it the same as you. Running 7.62 or smaller diameter, you can run flush. But if running magnum calibers it requires a minimum 2” reflex. If you use between 7.62 and .338 with a magnum caliber, a minimum 3” reflex is required.
that's how i read it first.
when i ordered a 1" reflex on my next can i called w/a question. they explained that on a 6.5prc flush or 2"reflex minimum - the 1" wouldn't work. I notice so little difference in the reflex that sometimes i use a 3" with a 6 stack but it's still not as quiet as a flush 8 stack on 7prc.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I read it the same as you. Running 7.62 or smaller diameter, you can run flush. But if running magnum calibers it requires a minimum 2” reflex. If you use between 7.62 and .338 with a magnum caliber, a minimum 3” reflex is required.
Its best to just email their support with your specifics, their recommendations are conservative and a SAUM is a heck of alot different than a RUM even though both are "magnums". For instance they said they weren't concerned with a 300wsm on a 20" barrel when I asked. The amount of powder capacity of the cartridge is a factor.

When you all have returned your can and reflex for a swap with AB, did you get a return label from AB or risk mailing on your own? I’m skeptical of returning it on my own after some research. According to AB I just need to send it however (ups is fastest according to AB.) Include a copy of my form 4. But after looking around I notice most of the big shipping companies prohibit these items. I’ve not had good luck with USPS or UPS, so I’d definitely be getting full insurance. But if something did happen, the carrier likely woulda’t honor the insurance claim, because it’s a “prohibited item.”
AB says, as long as their turn around is 24hrs or less it doesn’t need to be “on their books or sent via FFL.”
Should I wait until Monday and ask AB for return label, or send it UPS signature required now….?
Any advice appreciated, trying to hurry this along for an upcoming CO bull tag.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When you all have returned your can and reflex for a swap with AB,
Why would you send your can in to swap the reflux? Just sent the reflex.

Aside from keeping your suppressor and direct thread for your hunt (if needed), you aren’t shipping and insuring the valuable serial number item that the waiting process and your tax stamp are tied to.

Bluefish

WKR
When you all have returned your can and reflex for a swap with AB, did you get a return label from AB or risk mailing on your own? I’m skeptical of returning it on my own after some research. According to AB I just need to send it however (ups is fastest according to AB.) Include a copy of my form 4. But after looking around I notice most of the big shipping companies prohibit these items. I’ve not had good luck with USPS or UPS, so I’d definitely be getting full insurance. But if something did happen, the carrier likely woulda’t honor the insurance claim, because it’s a “prohibited item.”
AB says, as long as their turn around is 24hrs or less it doesn’t need to be “on their books or sent via FFL.”
Should I wait until Monday and ask AB for return label, or send it
Why would you send your can in to swap the reflux? Just sent the reflex.

Aside from keeping your suppressor and direct thread for your hunt (if needed), you aren’t shipping and insuring the valuable serial number item that the waiting process and your tax stamp are tied to.
When I swapped mine they wanted the whole can. Would not just send a reflex. Same as when I swapped baffles in my JK. Had to send in the whole can.

Yes I thought sending the whole can was crazy too. Especially since I can buy essentially the same thing from other manufacturers, without a can, no issues. But AB said whole can when I called last week. Basically since it’s screwed to the can, it’s considered a part of the suppressor per ATF/AB, based on how AB described it to me. I guess it didn’t start out that way, from what I’ve read.
AB gave me an RMA form, and I spoke with them directly. The shipping label didn’t cross my mind at the time. Got cold feet this morning, decided to wait until Monday, after I call AB.
$1400+++ is too much for me to gamble

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes I thought sending the whole can was crazy too. Especially since I can buy essentially the same thing from other manufacturers, without a can, no issues. But AB said whole can when I called last week. Basically since it’s screwed to the can, it’s considered a part of the suppressor per ATF/AB, based on how AB described it to me. I guess it didn’t start out that way, from what I’ve read.
AB gave me an RMA form, and I spoke with them directly. The shipping label didn’t cross my mind at the time. Got cold feet this morning, decided to wait until Monday, after I call AB.
$1400+++ is too much for me to gamble
That is weird you have to send the whole can.

Anyways yes there didn't start out that way and was one of the cool concepts around AB that you had both swappable reflex and end caps to optimize the performance of the separate serial numbered suppressor (which can be used without the reflex hence its not "part" of the suppressor imho). The ATF first said they couldn't sell the reflex separate and later said they couldn't sell the end caps separate. The ATF has told other manufacturer's they can't sell end caps separate too. I have no idea why the inconsistency in application of the ridiculous ATF interpretations but don't take it for granted that other manufacturers sell end caps, all it takes is the ATF putting them on notice and that comes to a screeching halt.

SloppyJ

WKR
Whole can as the ATF considers the reflex part as part of the suppressor which is why you can't buy a new one. They've been having ATF issues on their end caps too which seems very odd to me. I don't know if AB pissed off someone at the ATF but they seem to be holding them to different rules.

I shipped mine USPS insured for $1k and they make it point to turn it around within a day so they don't have to log it into their system. Super easy and painless. They sent me some patches and stickers back too.