A health revolution brewing?

KsRancher

WKR
You are barking up a tree full of squirrels on your assumptions. Our first child will arrive in January. No jab for me or my wife and we will NOT be adhering to the childhood jab schedule. Nor will we be feeding processed foods or sugary drinks with dyes in them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see arguments for both sides. All of my kids have had all of their childhood vaccines. I personally think that the reward out wieghs the risk. I will use my grandpa for an example. He would have given anything to have a polio vaccine in the mid 40's instead he spent his entire life crippled. Couldn't hardly find work from 1950-1980 as no one was interested in hiring someone with only 1 functioning arm and 1 leg that barely worked good enough to walk.

But will use my oldest son as the opposite example. He got a whooping cough vaccine 2yrs ago because his mom was pregnant and the Dr recommended it. He passed out from a reaction to the shot and went lights face first into a cement floor. Absolutely crushed his nose. Went thru absolute hell for the next several months and was just not be right. I was truly worried he would never be the same. It wore off after about 6 months. I have never seen a person so messed up from something in my life. Several trips to the ER with me carrying his limp/lifeless body in. And every Dr we went to said "it's normal, nothing to do with the vaccine". I am all for vaccines. I just wish that Dr's and vaccine makers were more honest about them and the possible side effects. But without acknowledging problems, no fixes to the issues the create will be looked for

Good on you man and congrats on your first child! Mighty Mouse said a lot of great points and if there's one thing I can add, it's that if you're going the hospital route - you might receive a lot of pushback! Go in with a plan for you, wife, and baby, and be your wife's spokesperson when she's having contractions and post delivery.. I've experienced several OBs and nurses be a little pushy when my wife was vulnerable and I had to speak up about not wanting that drug for my wife or baby, or give my wife a few more minutes of rest please, or please come back when the baby is awake...etc. Obviously, life or death I'd let the pros handle it. But, after 6 kids with 2 home births and 4 hospital births (all natural, no drugs), we found what works best for my wife and stick to it.

Check out this documentary with your wife if you have time: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995061/

Not trying to go too TMI, but certain birthing positions that use gravity to their advantage can work. We've had OBs that were cool with it at least on the bed for cushion, and we've had others that were adamant to try and make my wife deliver on her back. Nope.

Man I'm happy to see this! Home births rock. My wife has delivered 2 and home and 4 in the hospital. Definitely felt some pushback in the hospital setting, though so long as mom and baby were OK, it was a good time.

Most likely will be hospital birth but all natural. I don’t deal with pushy and at the end of the day I’m her advocate. Being a former RN, I know what rights we have and will exercise each one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk