A health revolution brewing?

S.Clancy

WKR
This thread really highlights how little any of us know about nutrition or how the body metabolizes different nutrients. Even experts in nutrition are going to give pretty tame recommendations because it is impossible to design studies that are controlled enough (in diet, time, etc) to show any causality.

Generally, eat mostly whole foods. Processed food in moderation. Sleep enough. Don't drink much alcohol. "Listen" to how your body responds to high carb/high fat/high whatever and adjust.

I just posted this in the carnivore thread, but it deserves a look here too. The title is misleading as it really is about foods as much as pharma. Very insightful and informative from some higher level guests.

Their book “good energy” is on my to-read list

Rich M

WKR
Start by knowing a few things...

The health industry is just that - an industry. People make money off other people - so 50%+ of dr's are quacks. They push pills and get kickbacks or commissions.

There are a lot of dr's that sell their own line of "supplements" - that makes them a lot of money but of course, they formulate them for the best blends. There are 10,000+ diff multi vitamins... health industry.

There are ads everywhere for health care stuff and supplements. Most do little or nothing and we go from one fad to another. The latest seems to be chugging olive oil.

I know a bunch of folks who do "supplements" by the handful and even get to pay for the stuff my wife takes. I take 2 multi's a day 3-4 days a week. Those folks taking supplements are no healthier than me and I'm not healthier than them.

Richard Simmons - health guru died at 76 yrs old. If anyone was gonna live close to 100 yrs it shoulda been him and not Bob Barker.

Most old folks I know have died from falls & bonking their nugget. Last 3 or 4 anyway.

So - are dr's important - sure. Blood thinners and heart regulators are possibly the main reason why so many old folks are getting older. But to go to some homeopathic dr and take his brand of pills - eh.

Good luck on your journey.

Eat halfway decent, get regular sleep, and some exercise - go to dr annually to get blood tested - should be fine.

need to watch this podcast. It’s the tucker interview.

Ex healthcare. A wasted education to be a nurse….

Dr’s. don’t care to cure a disease. It’s disease management…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk