7mm PRC RRB discussion

Circling back on this, I love the rifle, very impressed with the 7PRC round. I killed a bear in Idaho with it, and enjoy shooting it. I am impatiently waiting on brass to drop.

Has anyone made it to load development?
I picked up a browning SR model, so not a custom build but I will develop a load for it. I have H1000 powder to start and will try 168gr LRX bullets first. What load did you go with?

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I haven't done my own loads yet, as I have to get brass first. I've been shooting rounds from @Unknown Munitions in the mean time with great results.

jdaturbo

FNG
sorry to hijack here but building my first custom 7PRC. My proof barrel has a small flaw in side. Gunsmith saying it’s not a big deal. Trying to attach to my post. Thoughts?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
sorry to hijack here but building my first custom 7PRC. My proof barrel has a small flaw in side. Gunsmith saying it’s not a big deal. Trying to attach to my post. Thoughts?
I’d send a photo to proof and ask them about it. I’m sure they’ll talk to you straight. But your gunsmith would likely know best.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Finally ready with components and time to work up a load or 2. I have RL 26 in addition to the powders in the photo.

What have you found to be your best load combo?

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 5