6mm arc build Howa Mini or buy complete

Which for 6mm ARC hunting rifle

• Savage Axis 2 and mod down the road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With 6 BR and 6 PPC reputations for being hard to make not shoot one would think the 6 ARC should be easily bugholin. Thats a bummer if some of the howas struggle.

waspocrew

WKR
Finally got the 6 ARC assembled. Installed a pic rail on the Stockys VG (may paint it in the future since it’s a little too glossy for my liking).

IMG_5316.jpeg

Tried out some factory ammo and it looks like it has some potential.

HSM 75 gr Vmax.
- 7 rounds at 100 yards
IMG_5288.jpeg

Hornady 103 gr ELDX
- 5 rounds at 100 yards
IMG_5292.jpeg

Hornady 108 gr ELDM
- 5 rounds at 100 yards
IMG_5294.jpeg

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
How did you install the Pic rail on the stockys? Wanted to do this with one of mine but unsure how to deal with the carbon.

waspocrew

WKR
How did you install the Pic rail on the stockys? Wanted to do this with one of mine but unsure how to deal with the carbon.

It's a pretty straightforward process, took maybe 10 min tops going slow.

First - the rail I went with was the Atlas BT34 2.05" rail. Nice and small.

IMG_5324.jpeg

- You will need a T nut, (1) 10-32 x 3/4" bolt and (1) 10-32 x 1/2" bolt. You can find them at Ace, Home Depot, etc. The reason for the different length bolts is due to the factory sling stud being epoxied in place and covered (see photo)

IMG_5328.jpeg

IMG_5326.jpeg

- Remove factory sling studs.
- Install rail with shorter bolt and verify center. Mark the center of the second hole.
- Using a 1/8 bit, drill through stock (this is your pilot hole)
- Clear debris, then use a 3/4 spade bit to clear out area for the T nut (go slow with this step)
- I made a few passes, then would check for fitment. It needs to sit below the barrel channel. You can also snip the little teeth off the nut to help keep the hole slightly more shallow. Once you verify it's below the channel, see if the bolt will engage the nut with the rail in place. If not, go a little deeper and check again.
- Once to a good depth, use a bigger bit (IIRC, I used a 1/4" bit through the hole again). This gives the required clearance for the T nut and your bolt to pass.
- Bolt in place. You can add epoxy if you desire at this point to keep the T nut in place.