.25 Cal (Quarter Bore) / Big Game Success - 25 Creed, 25-284, 25-06, 25 PRC, 25 SAUM

Piercision Rifles

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Can probably ditch that magazine since she only needs one round! Nice shooting and congrats to the hunter.
LOL. Ya Carter and his wife don't need a bunch of rounds for big game since theyre solid shots. Theyve killed a pile of stuff over the years with a couple rifles Ive built them. He wanted a bigger mag since he does a lot of coyote hunting and sometimes youll need more than 2-3 rounds if theres a pack of em. He shot a 25x47 barrel out in just a few years on coyotes. When it came time to rebarrel he mentioned something with a little more horsepower. Swapped bolts and threw a 25 saum on the rifle. Theyre loving it so far.

LOL. Ya Carter and his wife don't need a bunch of rounds for big game since theyre solid shots. Theyve killed a pile of stuff over the years with a couple rifles Ive built them. He wanted a bigger mag since he does a lot of coyote hunting and sometimes youll need more than 2-3 rounds if theres a pack of em. He shot a 25x47 barrel out in just a few years on coyotes. When it came time to rebarrel he mentioned something with a little more horsepower. Swapped bolts and threw a 25 saum on the rifle. Theyre loving it so far.
A 25 saum has always peaked my interest. Thanks for sharing.

I'm 35 rounds in on a 22" 25-284, and with 54.5 grains of H1000 I'm getting 2820 average. Accuracy has been great. What powder are you running and how long is the barrel on the SAUM?

Piercision Rifles

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm 35 rounds in on a 22" 25-284, and with 54.5 grains of H1000 I'm getting 2820 average. Accuracy has been great. What powder are you running and how long is the barrel on the SAUM?
22" barrel with h1000. 2990 fps in mine and his is right in that ballpark also.