.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
If you guys want some good ol fudd lore and entertainment from some uneducated folks then you'll enjoy this video.

Watched this last night and my wife said the one guy is too squishy to take seriously. 🤣😆
He said he read a lot of the forum, but I guess he didn't look at any of the hundreds of photos of dead animals.

I don't need any additional competition for 77gr TMK's so I hope lots of people agree with him...

The Guide

WKR
If you guys want some good ol fudd lore and entertainment from some uneducated folks then you'll enjoy this video.

Watched this last night and my wife said the one guy is too squishy to take seriously. 🤣😆
The comments are as to be expected on that video. Him arguing with everyone that says try it before you knock it and a ton of fudds telling him how right he is and you need a 270 or an '06 for hunting.

Jay

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved

He’s also firmed encamped in the nosler AB camp as opposed to match bullets. my guess is he would never openly discuss on a podcast or entertain a healthy dose of facts vs his feelings on the matter

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with info of the berger 73gr on animals? Just got a tikka .223 and have a few boxes of it. Got to shoot for first time today and it shot great. I did a search but didn't come up with a whole lot.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with info of the berger 73gr on animals? Just got a tikka .223 and have a few boxes of it. Got to shoot for first time today and it shot great. I did a search but didn't come up with a whole lot.
Not sure if your rifle likes them, but the 73gr Berger OTM is pretty ferocious on deer, too. Not a great number of samples for me, but in discussing it with Form prior to using it, he had some experience with it too. It's somewhere back in the pages of this thread, I believe.
Some info here.

Can't fix stupid.

Nothing is more mind numbingly infuriating than arguing with dumb people who can't be convinced of something. despite significant scientific and anecdotal evidence.

Life gets easier when you just ignore them.

Thegman

WKR

I would like this video embedded at the beginning of this thread as a Public Service Announcement. It would save a lot of reading.

When I've looked for info on terminal ballistic tests, and click on something from this guy, I've learned the back button is my friend. I'm not sure he actually hunts anything other than plastic milk jugs, and isn't even very good at that.

sturner88

Lil-Rokslider
It’s on the shoot2hunt podcast Form Friday - FF.EP.18 “meat loss with match bullets?”

He talks about a few topics but in there he mentions suitable ammo for 223 practice and mentions AAC in their various offerings. While not a “go buy this ammo” it’s an off the shelf TMK offering that is half the cost of black hills. Will I still use BH as my primary - yes. But I’ll shoot just about anything 69 grain and up for practice. And if I really had to - I would practice with 55 grain.
As someone with a few cases of this ammo, I really wish 1-2 rounds per 20 round box wouldn’t fail to feed from my tikka 223. High SD, poor FTF, but groups well when it does feed.

Big_wals

WKR
Two more medium sized boars with the AAC 75 sabres tonight. Around 60 yards, no exit on the bigger pig, good sized exit hole on the slightly smaller one.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    603.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1323.jpeg
    IMG_1323.jpeg