.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Sadler

WKR
Some velocity data points for a 16ā€ suppressed barrel with stand one armory ammo 77tmk loaded to mag length and unknown munitions 75eldm loaded to bolt length. These are both based on ten shot strings. Stand one is definitely loaded hotter based on this small sample size.

Stand One
BBE18B14-65D7-45B9-9459-EA6933A74E72.jpeg

Unknown Munitions
E190BCAB-6234-494F-B666-45B68F300FC0.jpeg

Some velocity data points for a 16ā€ suppressed barrel with stand one armory ammo 77tmk loaded to mag length and unknown munitions 75eldm loaded to bolt length. These are both based on ten shot strings. Stand one is definitely loaded hotter based on this small sample size.

Stand One
View attachment 492612

Unknown Munitions
View attachment 492613

Thanks for posting this. I was going to ask what guys are getting for speed with the 77 tmk.

I know I could go back and look through all 130+ pages but does anyone else want to share what they are getting speed wise and what type of gun and barrel length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR

Stand One
View attachment 492612

Unknown Munitions
View attachment 492613
That is not bad at all, what are the rifle details? I currently have a 20ā€ tikka and wouldnā€™t mind chopping it a couple or few more inches. Currently get about 2800 suppressed with the tmkā€™s

Sadler

WKR
That is not bad at all, what are the rifle details? I currently have a 20ā€ tikka and wouldnā€™t mind chopping it a couple or few more inches. Currently get about 2800 suppressed with the tmkā€™s
Itā€™s a stainless tikka that I had cut down to 16ā€ and the suppressor is a Gen 2 Ultra 9. I did have Shaen rifles throat it a little longer in order to seat out the 77s as far as possible. Once I burn through the 75s Iā€™ll reload them up with the 77s and some TAC to see how much more velocity I can get9A015444-CF19-470B-B524-CB75EBA51C66.jpeg

Juan_ID

WKR
Itā€™s a stainless tikka that I had cut down to 16ā€ and the suppressor is a Gen 2 Ultra 9. I did have Shaen rifles throat it a little longer in order to seat out the 77s as far as possible. Once I burn through the 75s Iā€™ll reload them up with the 77s and some TAC to see how much more velocity I can getView attachment 492726
Good deal, I was debating cutting mine down to 18 but if I do decide to cut it may go shorter yet. I just like the short hand(ier) feel especially with the suppressor.

Fantastic performance and thanks for sharing!

Wouldnā€™t steer you wrong on this!

So much GREAT information and first hand experience graciously shared by others that facilitated the start of this thread thread.

The thread has continued thanks to others with an open mind willing to give the combination a chance.

Itā€™s contrary to what I thought I knew and what you read across the forums on a daily basis, howeverā€¦the results speak for themselves. The performance is remarkable and often needs to be experienced first hand to be believed.

I do not believe there is a better combination for big game inside of 450 yds. Period.
Iā€™m nowhere near the marksman to hunt anyone close to 450yds +, but what would be the cartridge/bullet combo of choice for you and form?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Iā€™m nowhere near the marksman to hunt anyone close to 450yds +, but what would be the cartridge/bullet combo of choice for you and form?

Past 450ā€™ish yards- given someone that is truly trained and practiced- a 6cm or 6.5cm is the easiest way. Between them, Iā€™d get a 6cm in a Tikka, if a factory rifle then a Tikka in 6.5cm.

Past 450ā€™ish yards- given someone that is truly trained and practiced- a 6cm or 6.5cm is the easiest way. Between them, Iā€™d get a 6cm in a Tikka, if a factory rifle then a Tikka in 6.5cm.
Understood. thank you. At what distance or game would you consider stepping up to a .30, or mid/large bore?