.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Dobermann

WKR
Past 450’ish yards- given someone that is truly trained and practiced- a 6cm or 6.5cm is the easiest way. Between them, I’d get a 6cm in a Tikka, if a factory rifle then a Tikka in 6.5cm.
Form, I might be missing something, but can you please parse out that second sentence a little?

I gorn got cornfused by it ... o_O

fwafwow

WKR
Form, I might be missing something, but can you please parse out that second sentence a little?

I gorn got cornfused by it ... o_O
My read was that if Tikka offered 6CM, that would be the choice - but although you can't buy one off of the shelf, you can get a 6CM built "in a Tikka action". But since Tikka has a factory 6.5CM, that is the route to go if you want off the shelf.

If I'm correct, it's only because I posted something about wanting a Tikka in 6cm and I double-checked my recollection that they don't make one, and I think that recollection is because of a prior Form post.

Dobermann

WKR
My read was that if Tikka offered 6CM, that would be the choice - but although you can't buy one off of the shelf, you can get a 6CM built "in a Tikka action". But since Tikka has a factory 6.5CM, that is the route to go if you want off the shelf.

If I'm correct, it's only because I posted something about wanting a Tikka in 6cm and I double-checked my recollection that they don't make one, and I think that recollection is because of a prior Form post.
Huh ... just checked the Tikka online list of rifles, and you're right.

I'd just assumed they'd be making a 6mm by now.

Good to know I'm as slow as Tikka; I only recently moved to 6.5! :)

Cheers!

Jimbee

WKR
👍🏼

Just fine. You won’t tell the difference.

Yes.

I would personally choose the factory. The KRG Bravo is great for shooting, however it controls the rifle so much in 223 that you lose some training value. The Factory stock is light enough that it will show if you are not correct in body positions and spotting.

6x far and away. The 10x is fine, however part of the training aspect of the 223 is learning to spot your own hits from all positions and see that FOV matters more than magnification.

That will work, but I greatly prefer the factory CTR rail due to its very low profile. Glue it one as the factory CTR is.

Hornady Frontier 68gr or 75gr HPBT shoot well enough from all the Tikkas I’ve seen to be just fine for the practice aspect.

Yes. You will end up hunting with it.
How do you glue the rail? I'm putting a different scope on my ctr (swfa 5-20) and I don't think the Sportsmatch rings are tall enough. Im going to put my factory rail back on. Ring suggestions?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
How do you glue the rail? I'm putting a different scope on my ctr (swfa 5-20) and I don't think the Sportsmatch rings are tall enough.

Degrease everything, red loctite or epoxy the underside of rail, blue loctite the screws.

Im going to put my factory rail back on. Ring suggestions?

Any of the good standard pic rings. NF Ultralights, Warne Mountain Tech, etc.

Hurley88

FNG
Where'd you find it, if you don't mind me asking? Which model?
Its model number is JRTXB315. Says 1:8” twist on the Tikka website, I can measure its true twist once it arrives if anyone is curious.

As far as where to find it, I just went to gun.deals and did a search. Ended up purchasing it from Dack Outdoors. Actually just searched right now and it seems several places have them.

Hope this helps!

Ferox

FNG
Thanks to @Formidilosus and everyone for a very informative thread.

I saw these Federal Tactical 77 TMK was in stock and ordered some. Although blue rather than green tip seems like the same TMK. Hope it helps someone looking.