2024 Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Alright friends, I am in with my 4th shot this morning. Post is updated in post #70. I'll let the mods decide two things...

First: I looked at the rules and my first two shots were just a bit longer than the stated yardage requirements for them. That is 100% my bad and a reading comprehension fail. If I am out of the running for prizes please don't worry about it at all. I accept my punishment for being a terrible reader haha.

Second: If I am still eligible I need a confirmation from one of the mods if my 4th shot counts as a hit. Please take a peak at the videos and photos in the thread and let me know.

Again, thanks so much for this challenge! I had an absolute blast and I'm already coming up with ideas for next year, to challenge myself, and to hopefully make it interesting for folks who want to watch. I realize my videos are long, but they are raw, unedited videos of me explaining what I am trying to do and then executing. Hopefully folks enjoyed that a bit.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Alright friends, I am in with my 4th shot this morning. Post is updated in post #70. I'll let the mods decide two things...

First: I looked at the rules and my first two shots were just a bit longer than the stated yardage requirements for them. That is 100% my bad and a reading comprehension fail. If I am out of the running for prizes please don't worry about it at all. I accept my punishment for being a terrible reader haha.

Second: If I am still eligible I need a confirmation from one of the mods if my 4th shot counts as a hit. Please take a peak at the videos and photos in the thread and let me know.

Again, thanks so much for this challenge! I had an absolute blast and I'm already coming up with ideas for next year, to challenge myself, and to hopefully make it interesting for folks who want to watch. I realize my videos are long, but they are raw, unedited videos of me explaining what I am trying to do and then executing. Hopefully folks enjoyed that a bit.

2 additional shots don’t require hits for additional entries.

@Justin Crossley next year you might need to do a video explanation for those of us that can’t read good and want to do other things good too. 😂

Juan_ID

WKR
So did I understand it correctly that if your post isn’t deleted you’re good to go? Mine has been up for almost a week and hasn’t been deleted.
1720202184556.gif

Ucsdryder

WKR
Now I’m confused. I claimed a 450 yard MER and hit my target at 462 and 584 (8” plate). Am I good to go? The additional 2 shots (4 total) only if you claim further than 600 yards right?
Nope. Needed 575-625 2x to qualify for additional shots. Then your mer would need to be 626 yards or more. You can start over and qualify.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I started today after work. Shot felt real good so if the second shot goes well next year I will practice for further shots and maybe have a longer shot next year.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
But my MER is 450. I’m not shooting past 600 yards.
I’m confused. If you’re mer is sub 625 then you get 2 total shots and 1 entry. If your mer is 626 or more you do 2 qualifying shots at 575-625, then if you hit both you qualify to shoot 2 more shots at your MER. You don’t need to connect on the additional shots and you get an additional point. You also get double points based on your tenure and awesomeness.

Does that help clear it up?

I’m confused. If you’re mer is sub 625 then you get 2 total shots and 1 entry. If your mer is 626 or more you do 2 qualifying shots at 575-625, then if you hit both you qualify to shoot 2 more shots at your MER. You don’t need to connect on the additional shots and you get an additional point. You also get double points based on your tenure and awesomeness.

Does that help clear it up?
I think so. Thank you. So I think I am good to go then.

mcr-85

WKR
I finally got both my boys out to shoot their first shots tonight. You can also hear their little sister calling the hit in one video. Post #74 and #75.

The younger one has had a broken arm all summer and the oldest has been tied up with baseball quite a bit. They havent done any shooting since last fall probably. It was fun to go shoot with them and they were excited to hit steel even though it wasn't inside the 10" circle. We're going to go finish it up in the morning.

YouTube is soft. They removed Cole's video.
76fb142e1f71daaf333ff7a2c6388da6.jpg

380c582ff5da548ad8b1d605f390da28.jpg

The boys are done. They got some shooting in with their .22s after. My little girl tried out the .223 Ackley and her brothers .22 too. She had fun and hit a can a couple times with the .22. She usually says she doesn't like shooting but maybe after today I've got her coming around.

Attachments

• 20240706_111053.jpg
    20240706_111053.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240706_112905.jpg
    20240706_112905.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240706_111732.jpg
    20240706_111732.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Juan_ID

WKR
So did I understand it correctly that if your post isn’t deleted you’re good to go? Mine has been up for almost a week and hasn’t been deleted.
View attachment 732554
Just in scrolling through looking at everyone’s posts I noticed the mods of this challenge have liked a lot of posts while there’s a handful of posts that aren’t liked by the mods. Is that any indicator of a qualified post or not? Either way it’s now too late for me to fix my entry so just wanting to know for my own personal interest… 👍

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Okay I got my 2 shots done. My goal will be to do at least 500 next year. Second video looks like a hawk flew in and out before my shot. Glad we had good weather this week in AB

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shot further than my MER. I decided to challenge myself some. I think that is reasonable.
That's not how I interpret the rules of the challenge.

This years it's Justin's call and as such if he said it was OK then that's how it this year.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Just in scrolling through looking at everyone’s posts I noticed the mods of this challenge have liked a lot of posts while there’s a handful of posts that aren’t liked by the mods. Is that any indicator of a qualified post or not? Either way it’s now too late for me to fix my entry so just wanting to know for my own personal interest… 👍
No, I just missed some of them.