2024 Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

Maybe next year we just "insert link" instead of "insert media"?
Most of this stuff is on youtube anyway, no?
Haven't tested to see if those different options produce a different result, though.

huntnful

WKR
Maybe next year we just "insert link" instead of "insert media"?
Most of this stuff is on youtube anyway, no?
Haven't tested to see if those different options produce a different result, though.
They don’t produce a different result. Pasting a link, just uploads the video to the forum page like how you see it now.

Personally, since the prizes are given out at random, so there’s no incentive to cheat anyways, I think the videos aren’t really necessary and only hinder or detour a lot of people from doing the challenge.

But if the videos are a form of YouTube advertising, then I also understand that aspect as well.

Ucsdryder

WKR
They don’t produce a different result. Pasting a link, just uploads the video to the forum page like how you see it now.

Personally, since the prizes are given out at random, so there’s no incentive to cheat anyways, I think the videos aren’t really necessary and only hinder or detour a lot of people from doing the challenge.

But if the videos are a form of YouTube advertising, then I also understand that aspect as well.
Last year I enjoyed watching the few videos that were posted. Now that it doesn’t work that is out the window.

I think posting on YouTube probably helps direct people toward rokslide? I hope it does!

huntnful

WKR
Last year I enjoyed watching the few videos that were posted. Now that it doesn’t work that is out the window.

I think posting on YouTube probably helps direct people toward rokslide? I hope it does!
I agree!

Maybe next year, post a video for an extra entry or something? Then people are still incentivized to do it, but it’s not mandatory so that more people can/will participate

Ucsdryder

WKR
I agree!

Maybe next year, post a video for an extra entry or something? Then people are still incentivized to do it, but it’s not mandatory so that more people can/will participate
Yeah I’d be curious to know the cause? I wonder if rokslide can do something to increase bandwidth?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree!

Man if a new Swarovski isn't enough incentive to video two shots not sure I'd want them in the challenge anyways.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Man if a new Swarovski isn't enough incentive to video two shots not sure I'd want them in the challenge anyways.

I actually kind of enjoyed doing the video of the shot thing. It makes it take way longer, and I suck at it, but it was something different and fun.

My thoughts on it, not that they matter, if we have to sacrifice the thread crashing every time we try to view it, what's the point of a video; if lots of folks can't even see it and aren't even viewing that thread anymore because of the issue?

TX_Diver

WKR

Video was a pain but I got my 5 year old to do it. 5-6 tries before I was ready to shoot and she said she was still on target through the spotter lol.

I’m Looking forward to getting that swaro!!! 😂

Whatever the rules are it’s a fun challenge and I plan to enter for fun each year!

Ucsdryder

WKR

I agree, I’d run down the street naked and video it and post to YouTube for a shot at that spotter!

Not to speak for anybody but I read it more as a way to keep the page from crashing, not that it was too hard to do.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Those having issues opening the thread on your phone.

Are you opening it in Tapatalk or full website? Android or Apple?

I'm on an android, open it with the Chrome browser and everything works perfectly.

As for why we require the video. The sponsors are giving away awesome prizes so we want people to work at it a little bit (I'm amazed how many people don't already have a setup for digiscoping). And by requiring people to put Rokslide Cold Bore in the titles of the videos, it will drive traffic to the website.

P.S. You should definitely go subscribe and like the Rokslide YouTube page.