2024 Bows?

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Mathews Lift 4# Hoyt Rx-8 4.4#. Mathews has higher fps as well. I have yet to buy into the carbon fiber game and idk if I ever will considering the price of them and my blood ain’t that rich.
Just my first impressions. I ain’t no expert either.

chasewild

WKR
Mathews Lift 4# Hoyt Rx-8 4.4#. Mathews has higher fps as well. I have yet to buy into the carbon fiber game and idk if I ever will considering the price of them and my blood ain’t that rich.
Just my first impressions. I ain’t no expert either.
I went and shot the RX-8 ultra (I shoot a 2014 Elite 35). The Rx-8 was my first carbon bow I've ever and I'd drop $2k on it right-the-eff-now if I had it!

TheTone

WKR
The new hoyt x33 and Mathews lift 33 look awesome to me. Kinda glad I bought a v3x33 last year and won’t be able to justify the upgrade. I could see buying one for my wife especially with the new 55lb mod from Mathews

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
The Mathews is slower than I expected given then aggressive look of the cam. You’d probably need the 80lb mods to make it worth it.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
PSE released a new mach30 carbon bow, looks like little light bow might have to go shoot one, maybe I shouldn't though with the msrp of just the bow. The Skyfall camo with bronze cams does look nice though

Mach30_EC2_KS.png

Last edited:

h10312

FNG
Is anyone shopping Bowtech? Mine is eight years old and has served me well, I am ready to look for a new bow and need to include them in my search. Will likely be between them and an RX8.

Is anyone shopping Bowtech? Mine is eight years old and has served me well, I am ready to look for a new bow and need to include them in my search. Will likely be between them and an RX8.
It's a 2023 bow obviously, but I just traded my phase 4 33 for a Bowtech carbon one. I'm pretty much just going to use it for hunting and I think its awesome for that. 70lbs on comfort feels much better and lighter to pull than the mathews, on performance its pretty similar to the switch weight cam. Not the lightest carbon bow but it is well balanced without much added weight.

I bought an SS34 last year and love it. But after shooting this years BT and the RX8-Ultra and Alpha X 33, I have two new Hoyts ordered.

dwhicker

FNG
I bought an SS34 last year and love it. But after shooting this years BT and the RX8-Ultra and Alpha X 33, I have two new Hoyts ordered.

Can you tell me a bit about the Alpha X and the RX8 Ultra? What we’re the differences and how would you compare them? Obviously you liked both but I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me a bit about the Alpha X and the RX8 Ultra? What we’re the differences and how would you compare them? Obviously you liked both but I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are very similar. Draw is almost identical though I feel the carbon is a bit smoother for whatever reason. They both balance fantastic and a the quietist Hoyts I’ve shot to date. I haven’t played much with the let off settings or the different back walls, but plan to do so to dial in what feels best to me. I did the carbon with 80 pound and the aluminum with 70 pound limbs just to have different experiences shooting them. I still have and am keeping my RX7Ultra and SS34. I feel like these two new bows are perfect complements to those.

feanor

WKR
I’ve been interested in Athens but have never shot one. I’ve only heard good things, and this new model could be really interesting.