2023 Wyoming Elk Draw Results

Laramie

WKR
Any convenient way to view previous years?
Not really that I am aware of. Approximately 7250 elk tags are issued to non-residents each year so a person can work it backwards to make generalizations. The bottom line is the number is increasing exponentially. If that increase pattern continues, Wyoming Type 1 & 2 elk tags will basically become OIL tags in the very near future.

Not really that I am aware of. Approximately 7250 elk tags are issued to non-residents each year so a person can work it backwards to make generalizations. The bottom line is the number is increasing exponentially. If that increase pattern continues, Wyoming Type 1 & 2 elk tags will basically become OIL tags in the very near future.
They already are .

Once you spend your points , you'll never catch up again.

RyanT26

WKR
You guys that drew a general tag, you need to treat it like a 10+ preference point hunt. Commit and spend as much time as you can because you probably won't draw it again for a very long time.

There are over 100,000 hunters with either 1, 2, or 3 preference points going into the draw this year. Add another 50k that will buy this year and it gets a bit ridiculous. The vast majority of them are hoping for the general tag. It's going to take a long time to work through those numbers... Maybe 20+ years if tag numbers stay the same and everyone stays the course.
View attachment 554332
Good lord, that’s very depressing.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Brother and I drew General tag in the special with Non-Res 3.5 points... Didn't expect to draw but knew with the changes on the way now was the time. Going to be a packed September with a Colorado Mtn Goat tag too...

Laramie

WKR
Good lord, that’s very depressing.
It is for sure. What's crazy is the majority of those applying have no idea that just starting out it will take them 10 year+ to draw. I'm counting on a chunk of them dropping out once they figure it out. Next year will get really depressing with the special increase. Betting the regular draw jumps at least a full point.

FlyGuy

WKR
I drew a non res general last year, so I’m going into this year with zero points and a prayer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoe. Lee. Sheet!

I can’t believe it! I just posted this last night and woke up this morning to find “SUCCESSFUL”

I left some good bulls still standing last year. That was the most miserable drive home. I am pumped to have a chance at redemption!

rodney482

WKR
Seems like alot of us got Special Randoms. We get that lucky or did Wy screw up?

Ive got a buddy who is part of party of 5.. also drew gen on special w avg 1 pt

Laramie

WKR
Seems like alot of us got Special Randoms. We get that lucky or did Wy screw up?

Ive got a buddy who is part of party of 5.. also drew gen on special w avg 1 pt
Special random was a little better than 1 in 10 odds. 342 permits issued, which is fairly normal, for 3,181 applicants. Wyoming didn't screw up.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Drew a reduced price cow tag, better than I expected! Is .223 legal for elk in WY? If so I may just have to break out the TMKs