2022 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

TX_Diver

WKR
The last 2 years I've gone 2/5 and 1/5. I may go slightly closer this year. Will probably slightly shrink the target size a bit since it's turkey season too. Will be shooting a new bow (new to me since the last challenge). Same arrows & broadheads though.

Will also be entering with the stickbow!

Looking forward to it.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The last 2 years I've gone 2/5 and 1/5. I may go slightly closer this year. Will probably slightly shrink the target size a bit since it's turkey season too. Will be shooting a new bow (new to me since the last challenge). Same arrows & broadheads though.

Will also be entering with the stickbow!

Looking forward to it.
Way to get out there and push yourself. I’ve flunked more CBCs than I‘ve passed, but hoping to break the trend this year with more practice and some equipment tweaks

@robbydenning
How long have you been shooting at that target? Looks like you keep it covered to keep the sun from beating up on it. $400+ is tough to swallow on a target but I keep replacing bag targets and can't/shouldn't shoot broadheads at them 1000 bh shots is impressive. I have a couple cheaper layered targets for broadheads but they won't stop my daughters 35lb bow so I have to stack them for mine. Might be worth the investment.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robbydenning
How long have you been shooting at that target? Looks like you keep it covered to keep the sun from beating up on it. $400+ is tough to swallow on a target but I keep replacing bag targets and can't/shouldn't shoot broadheads at them 1000 bh shots is impressive. I have a couple cheaper layered targets for broadheads but they won't stop my daughters 35lb bow so I have to stack them for mine. Might be worth the investment.

That target is 4+years old now, and yes I throw an old trampoline mat over it to keep the sun off of it between sessions. It stays outside year-round.

Yeah they’re expensive, but it sure nice having a tough target.

I was shooting out the standard foam targets in a year.

It’s kind of like optics, you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, barely practiced, bunch of new stuff, and increasing tendinitis in my right elbow.

Sounds about par for this course. 😐

Working in Az this week and next. So I brought my V3. Changed out the strings to Gas Ghost Camo. I added limb dampeners and string and cable silencers. Wow is this bow way more quiet than it already was. I went out tonight to test my MER at 60 (last pin). Judging by how poorly I shot I should move up. How ever I havent shot a bow in a week. It felt good but I was not steady. Bow is, I wasn't. Looking forward to the CBC tomorrow. I have to work in the AM so hopefully there's still a spot open when I get off work. I need another Onyx membership. lol
Thx to the Site and staff for laboring thru this for us. I missed it last year due to work and a late attempt to get in. I have shot it every other year and started MER out to 70 or 80. Yep, I feel my age, backed it down from 72 to 66lbs.
Excited to start

Brotoshi

FNG
New bow hunter here. Picked up a Hoyt Torrex XT (70 lb) last year. I'll be shooting at 40 yards (yes I know, but it's the farthest distance I've shot so far). Joined the forums for this challenge after listening to the Rockcast on it last year.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thread is open! My first miss in over two weeks of practice, and first time I’ve dropped 1st arrow in CBC. This is why I believe in the the CBC.

Good luck guys.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No placeholders guys. Your post is valid when it includes your first shot. So if your posts are disappearing that’s why

TX_Diver

WKR
Starting out 1/5 (barely) with the recurve in the rain. Hopefully raining less by this afternoon when I'm done with work to get my compound shot in.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m amazed how many people are on there that haven’t shot their bow at all this year? Partly why I believe in this because it gets people shooting earlier.