2022 Ford Lightning

tuffcity

WKR
250 mile? LOL I would need it to come with a tidy-tank and a gen-set. That range barely gets me to the next town.

tuffcity

WKR
I have a hunch that Ford isn't planning on selling many of them in your neck of the woods.
LOL Probably a pretty small market for them. But hey, we have at least 3or 4 EV's up here! The unfortunate side is that the grid is so old most of Whitehorse couldn't handle the charging stations and the hypocrisy of running one in the winter when a good portion of the electricity is produced with diesel generators!

Seems pretty sweet. I like how they are including a charging station for it.
One would think they could integrate the whole roof to be a solar charging panel for constant remote solar charging. Or some sort of flexible solar bed roll charging mat. EV charging stations a few and far between in the interior west.
I like how Ford keeps pushing more advances in EV and long range hybrid technology.

OP
D
Seems pretty sweet. I like how they are including a charging station for it.
One would think they could integrate the whole roof to be a solar charging panel for constant remote solar charging. Or some sort of flexible solar bed roll charging mat. EV charging stations a few and far between in the interior west.
I like how Ford keeps pushing more advances in EV and long range hybrid technology.

While looking at cargo boxes for my wife's Sequoia, I saw that they are making them with solar panels integrated. I bet we see more accessories like that coming out not long after launch. I bet a canopy with solar panels may already be in the works.

amassi

WKR
I work in the industry before you buy one do your research on how many times you can charge those batteries before they have to be replaced. They are pricey!
3,000 charges so only 900,000 miles before you need to buy new ones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Only way I’d consider is if it had an onboard diesel generator to constantly charge when needed, I doubt it takes off, maybe a bunch will reserve but many will not follow through.

I bet towing the range is cut in half, so 115-150 miles then a 14-19hr charge unless you have a quick charge station to waste an hr at.

I like my diesel half ton with 22-30mpg and with an aux 55gal tank having a 2000 mile range or around 900 miles if towing.

I wonder how much a charge costs, especially when we have blackouts and issues like we did earlier this year.

Last edited:

Carr5vols

WKR
How many miles until you'll need these batteries that cost more than the truck? Why not just buy another truck at that point

If you get 500 charges with a range of 300 miles at 150,000 miles you have a boat anchor...dude if you want one go for it I was just wanting to raise everyone's awareness to not believe all the hype.

Sandstrom

WKR
What is Ford doing?? First a 4 door mustang, now they name an electric truck the Lightning!!! Remember when the Ford Lightning was a fast and fun “race” truck from SVT (special vehicle team):-( Heck, maybe they will re-release the Edsel.

amassi

WKR
What is Ford doing?? First a 4 door mustang, now they name an electric truck the Lightning!!! Remember when the Ford Lightning was a fast and fun “race” truck from SVT (special vehicle team):-( Heck, maybe they will re-release the Edsel.
Agreed the lightning should be a SVT supercharged v8 but this will be the fastest truck they've ever built.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Only way I’d consider is if it had an onboard diesel generator to constantly charge when needed, I doubt it takes off, maybe a bunch will reserve but many will not follow through.

I bet towing the range is cut in half, so 115-150 miles then a 14-19hr charge unless you have a quick charge station to waste an hr at.

I like my diesel half ton with 22-30mpg and with an aux 55gal tank having a 2000 mile range or around 900 miles if towing.

I wonder how much a charge costs, especially when we have blackouts and issues like we did earlier this year.
So the TFL Truck guys used a Tesla Model X towing 5000 lbs. Said it dropped the 300 mile range to under 100. So they would drive for an hour, charge for an hour. Not fun.

For cost, the fast chargers are $0.31 per kWh. The long range is like 180 kWh battery so $55.80 to go 300 miles. Compared to F150 Ecoboost $3 gas 24 mpg go 300 miles on $37.50. it is cheaper if charging at home with you lower kWh charges though for most of your driving.

I fix my own cars. Can’t stand the stealership charging 8 hours for a job I finish in 3 with amateur tools. Will be a problem with the non eco friendly electric vehicles. Something to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mwebs

WKR
Even Musk said solar panel charging will never be an option based on how many square feet of panel you need to actually get a charge on a vehicle, it will never be an option. I’m not a hater of EV or anything but everyone needs to pump the breaks because they aren’t the savior they are made out to be.

It’s just absolutely hilarious that someone is going to get 100 or less mile range driving in the mountains (without towing) and think that’s ok. Then have someone tow out a gas powered generator to charge em up in the backcountry. It’s just so stupid.

But yes it does make sense for a lot of other applications, but this is a hunting forum that is the context of my replies.