2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Love the cold bow challenge! Any chance of doing a cold shot/cold steel challenge for rifles? Personally plan on doing one for myself as the mental aspect of this is great training for the moment of truth.

This is going to be a good exercise for me. With my compound its easy cold...NOT with my recurve!

I know my "Cold shots" aren't good...thus I shoot a couple shots at first light every day on a hunt to dial it in.

I'm off to a bad start- shooting right [LH Shooter] I can feel it..... I'm not getting a full expansion into my shot and I can feel my bow arm is weak.

Today I did a couple push ups before shooting on top of my normal stretches....better. I think I'm going to do more with a band to really warm up my shoulders before shooting tomorrow and see how that works out. If so I will pack it with me on a hunt- it doesn't weigh anything.

THIS IS A GREAT EXPERIMENT FOR A BOWHUNTER! Well done Rokslide crew!

____

Last year I shot my recurve great in the CBC...but it did not prevent a miss on a big buck from well within my MER! Traditional archery is so incredibly challenging...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to be a good exercise for me. With my compound its easy cold...NOT with my recurve!

I know my "Cold shots" aren't good...thus I shoot a couple shots at first light every day on a hunt to dial it in.

I'm off to a bad start- shooting right [LH Shooter] I can feel it..... I'm not getting a full expansion into my shot and I can feel my bow arm is weak.

Today I did a couple push ups before shooting on top of my normal stretches....better. I think I'm going to do more with a band to really warm up my shoulders before shooting tomorrow and see how that works out. If so I will pack it with me on a hunt- it doesn't weigh anything.

THIS IS A GREAT EXPERIMENT FOR A BOWHUNTER! Well done Rokslide crew!

____
I knew I could count on you Beendare. And yes, it's a cold bow, not a cold body challenge. I learned that the 2nd year to make sure I'm warm (shoulder, arm, etc) before I shoot. 99.9% of the time on the mountain, I'll be warm, but my bow may not have been fired in two days.

good luck! I'll be watching. What's your post #?

TX_Diver

WKR
I knew I could count on you Beendare. And yes, it's a cold bow, not a cold body challenge. I learned that the 2nd year to make sure I'm warm (shoulder, arm, etc) before I shoot. 99.9% of the time on the mountain, I'll be warm, but my bow may not have been fired in two days.

good luck! I'll be watching. What's your post #?

Ha! I have the cold bow & body challenge. It's winter again here in WI!

On the plus side today is cold and windy again. Hopefully get some redemption for yesterday's blown shot!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The challenge is officially full! Thank you to all of the people who stepped up to make this possible. We have a few people that potentially will be disqualified so I am making a running list of alternates just in case. If you want to be an alternate, please shoot me a pm.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
This might be because I'm a dummy with technology, but now that the Challenge thread is locked I can't seem to edit my post to update.

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Man the weather is not cooperating today! Has been gusting, swirling, snowing all day, hope it dies down this evening then I can squeeze day 4 in. Guess this is another good lesson for hunting... patience!

The challenge is officially full! Thank you to all of the people who stepped up to make this possible. We have a few people that potentially will be disqualified so I am making a running list of alternates just in case. If you want to be an alternate, please shoot me a pm.

Thank you!

Not allowing an edit with the thread locked.

Unless I'm missing something but I'm not the only one with the problem.

Even made a good shot today.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I know there’s an answer somewhere but I can’t find it. When does the competition end? Going to go shoot my 3rd arrow and the girlfriend is shooting her second in a hour. Hoping to get finished by Friday for both.

TX_Diver

WKR
I was hoping it’d stay locked and I could defer my shame til tomorrow... fixed my wind call but need to get elevation sorted out!!!! 6F3F1AC7-5A1D-44CF-A2B4-245A925F71F2.jpeg

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Was thinking of not shooting today because the wind was pretty gusty. Super glad that I did. It’s really crazy the pressure that’s applied with this challenge. Thank you again for having it.