2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

TX_Diver

WKR
Rules specifically say on the day we qualify you.

Maybe I'm slow... But I guess I missed what counted as being qualified. Based on the reply I assume qualify is when the challenge is completed/5 arrows shot and posted? But wasn't sure since there was talk of people being disqualified/deleted already.

Either way is fine. Shooting broadheads to up my odds a bit. But always hopeful for better odds!

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm slow... But I guess I missed what counted as being qualified. Based on the reply I assume qualify is when the challenge is completed/5 arrows shot and posted? But wasn't sure since there was talk of people being disqualified/deleted already.

Either way is fine. Shooting broadheads to up my odds a bit. But always hopeful for better odds!

Yeah I probably need to dial in the language a little tighter. Qualify means you finish the challenge according to the rules. Then you’re “qualified” to participate in the drawing for the prizes.

So officially, no one is qualified right now because we’re only on the third day, but by day five people we get will begin to be qualified.

The only people that we have pulled out of the challenge are those shooting an extremely unreasonable MER according to their gear/experience. And we haven’t even kicked them out, we just asked them to restart the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby, is the 250 posts to earn extra entries counted at the beginning of the challenge or by the end? Cheers.

Yeah it’s on the day that the moderator qualifies you so it’s a little bit fluid. Maybe you get done on Tuesday, but the mod doesn’t get you qualified until Thursday. It’s your posts on Thursday that will count. All these guys have other jobs so it it’s not like they can jump right in every day when somebody finishes and qualify them. But if you think about it, if you don’t have 250 posts by your last arrow, you might have a day or two to get those up.

Sorry didn't mean to come off as rude and I was wrong in how I interpreted it. I was looking at it as your first accepted arrow was what qualified you.

TX_Diver

WKR
Sorry didn't mean to come off as rude and I was wrong in how I interpreted it. I was looking at it as your first accepted arrow was what qualified you.

No worries. Didn't come off that way. Just wasn't 100% sure after your post still.

It's a cool challenge and I'm curious to see how I shoot through the end of it! I missed it last year and made ita point to participate this year! Cheers 🍻

No worries. Didn't come off that way. Just wasn't 100% sure after your post still.

It's a cool challenge and I'm curious to see how I shoot through the end of it! I missed it last year and made ita point to participate this year! Cheers 🍻
It is super cool. I am already finding out I have work to do. Granted I started shooting last week again.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

No worries bro didn’t sound rude at all

This lack of shooting between days is agonizing! How do you compound guys go months at a time without shooting?

I don't. Driving me nuts as well. Have a new bow here that I was setting up for 3d. Of course all that is cancelled now but nothing like just looking at a new toy when you could normally walk out the door and play with it.

That didn't sound right did it? But I don't have neighbors, I walk out the door to pee and shoot.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really need a checkbox for--{ I've read the rules and conditions of this contest}-- before letting any one enter.
Come on guys at lest read post#1 where its all laid out for you.

Please edit all your shooting into the same post you started for your #1 day of the challenge or you won't get qualified for the drawing.