Zenbivy Bed?

t_carlson

WKR
I really like the look of these and will probably try one in the next year or two.

As with most sleep systems beyond a quilt and an X-Lite, the drawback is the weight penalty.

After discovering Zenbivy, I was all in to buy one of their bed systems. I spent some time thinking about it and instead, I'm going to keep my EE quilt, upgrade to a better sleeping pad and purchase the Zenbivy sheet to use on my pad.

After discovering Zenbivy, I was all in to buy one of their bed systems. I spent some time thinking about it and instead, I'm going to keep my EE quilt, upgrade to a better sleeping pad and purchase the Zenbivy sheet to use on my pad.
How are you going to attach the quilt to the sheet?

How are you going to attach the quilt to the sheet?
Still working on the logistics of that and it will be easier to come up with a solution when I have the sheet in hand. If nothing else, I'll have a down hood at the top of my sleeping pad.
I really don't have any complaints about my quilt, but when I saw the Zenbivy setup, I just thought that the sheet would make something I am already happy with, even better!

If you are using a Zenbivy quilt, it does attach to the side flaps, which are part of the sheet and would pretty much eliminate the chance of a draft coming in. When I get mine, I will determine if there's something that I can do to my quilt and/or the sheet, so that the two can be connected or if it is more trouble than it is worth.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Still working on the logistics of that and it will be easier to come up with a solution when I have the sheet in hand. If nothing else, I'll have a down hood at the top of my sleeping pad.
I really don't have any complaints about my quilt, but when I saw the Zenbivy setup, I just thought that the sheet would make something I am already happy with, even better!

The sheet “wings” attaching to the quilt is the genius of the system. Using the sheet just for the hood is not worth the weight penalty.

You could sell the EE quilt and buy a zen Bivy- their quilts are very good.

The sheet “wings” attaching to the quilt is the genius of the system. Using the sheet just for the hood is not worth the weight penalty.

You could sell the EE quilt and buy a zen Bivy- their quilts are very good.
Damn you and your common sense! If my wife knew what we were talking about, she wouldn't be very happy with either of us. ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Damn you and your common sense! If my wife knew what we were talking about, she wouldn't be very happy with either of us. ;)
Easier to ask forgiveness than permission

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can’t believe I’m just seeing this as I was about to pull the trigger on another sleep system.

I suffer from bad restless legs when I’m out in the backcountry and confined in a sleeping bag. I’m 6’1” and about 185, so not huge, but just can’t find a bag that’s big enough to make me not feel claustrophobic.

Looking at the Zenbivy beds, I see that they make an XL system, which I agree might be overkill/oversized for most, but might be my answer to getting good sleep on trips. I even have a 30x78 sleeping pad that this would work with.

Anyone have the Lite XL version?

Can’t believe I’m just seeing this as I was about to pull the trigger on another sleep system.

I suffer from bad restless legs when I’m out in the backcountry and confined in a sleeping bag. I’m 6’1” and about 185, so not huge, but just can’t find a bag that’s big enough to make me not feel claustrophobic.

Looking at the Zenbivy beds, I see that they make an XL system, which I agree might be overkill/oversized for most, but might be my answer to getting good sleep on trips. I even have a 30x78 sleeping pad that this would work with.

Anyone have the Lite XL version?

I will on Wednesday, ups is taking their sweet old time

The system looks bulky. For those that have it, how is the packability? Is it reasonable to backpack with on extended trips?

That‘s what I was thinking too. Then I found this comparison picture on their website to a large Nalgene bottle. Their weights look really reasonable - even for the XL, which is why I’m just going to order it today. Man I’ve been going back and forth on sleep systems for the last 3-4 months straight. I have to do something that gives me some more room to move around in. We got rained in our tents for 48 hours last year and I thought I was literally going to go crazy. It was in the 40’s outside and I was just laying on top of my sleep system at times due to the restlessness.

EB44EAEE-1E0A-45A9-9C5D-B2A3840757A4.jpeg

I bought it. More than I wanted to spend today, but I’m looking forward to getting it sometime in the next week or so. I got the XL 10 degree Lite system, so I’m expecting it to be a bit bigger than the picture show’s above. I did order the 10 liter dry sack too - hoping it will all fit in that bag at least.

I don’t think it’s going to pack any bigger than my WM Badger bag does today, but we’ll see. Thank you all! I might finally have a sleep system to eliminate restless legs!

I received my Zenbivy bed this weekend and got to try it out last night.

First thoughts are that this could be the answer to my restless legs issues. I slept great and could move around without any issue. It was around 30 degrees and I even got too warm in it. I was able to stick both legs out of the quilt and cooled off quickly. I got the 10 degree XL version and while it’s huge, I was still warm … almost too warm, but again, was super easy to “vent” and dump out the heat. I’ve never been in a sleep system with this much room and it was awesome.

I‘m definitely paying a weight penalty for the 30x80 inch XL size and it comes in at 3lbs 6 oz on my scale for the quilt, flat sheet with insulated hood, stuff sack, and compression straps. Zenbivy lists out the weights of everything individually and I added it up - 3lbs 7 oz. I’d give them an A+ for truth in advertising of their weights.

I ordered the 10 liter stuff sack and 10 liter size compression straps based on the website diagram and recommendation. It was like trying to stuff a bowling ball into a marble sack, but it did fit. I’m going to exchange the stuff sack and compression straps for the 15 liter size so I’m not wrestling with it to get it all packed up.

Here‘s a picture of it next too a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle:

772580F1-EBE4-498C-99B3-62D9BE9A4E80.jpeg

It’s pretty large, but does fit snugly in the bottom of my pack where I keep my other sleeping bag. Can’t wait to get it back out on a trip up to Canada next week to fish. I really want this to work for me. Thank you to all for your suggestions!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
First thoughts are that this could be the answer to my restless legs issues. I slept great and could move around without any issue. It was around 30 degrees and I even got too warm in it. I was able to stick both legs out of the quilt and cooled off quickly. I got the 10 degree XL version and while it’s huge, I was still warm … almost too warm, but again, was super easy to “vent” and dump out the heat. I’ve never been in a sleep system with this much room and it was awesome.

The Zen Bivy in XL with a good pad, is backpackable version your home bed.

There’s a weight and bull penalty over the most streamlined quilt…. Don’t care. Best sleep system on the market.