Zeiss goes woke???

sneaky

"DADDY"
I personally can't stand the "woke" movement that we have been watching these last several years. Insofar as Zeiss is concerned, here are some facts that might explain their position (not necessarily excuse them)...

Zeiss' business model likely receives less than 2% of their revenue from their sporting optics division. Their "bread and butter" is rooted in the semiconductor industry/nano fab.

Zeiss is also a manufacturer of various microscopy instruments which are sold to individuals with cute initials after their names, like MD and PhD. These folks are most often found in various labs funded and established in academia and government bureaucracies. As we all know, these institutions are populated by the very individuals that birthed this "woke movement". Zeiss surely didn't start this movement but most certainly has to do business with those that did. I suppose the marketing department at Zeiss recognizes the dangers inherent in today's social media driven world and would prefer to avoid offending their hyper sensitive customer base.

Some may choose not to support Zeiss in the future as a result of their position. I do understand this and there are other high-end alternatives to consider. Interestingly, many of the other companies that actually produce comparable optics utilize Schott glass to achieve the needed level of performance to compete with Zeiss products. Guess who owns Schott glass?

Disclaimer; I am a Zeiss fanboy. I took my first elk with a Remington ADL .270 wearing a Zeiss fixed 8x scope almost 40 years ago. One of my best friends and hunting partners has worked for Zeiss for 17 years....
Funny how some of their most popular scopes were built by Meopta though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funny how some of their most popular scopes were built by Meopta though...

I don't have any firsthand experience with Meopta but I have heard good things about them. I suppose a company with the breadth of Zeiss occasionally contracts smaller manufacturers to build inconsequential products for them. I honestly don't know why Zeiss continues to pursue the sporting optics segment when they are otherwise busy making, in some cases, multi-million dollar microscopes. Not to mention the instruments that they make which are vital to the tech industry...
I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Zeiss abandon the sporting optics niche altogether, based on conversations I have had with my friend.

Go look at the Swarovski Hunting instagram page and tell me how many tactical-looking guns you see, or dead animals, or SF Larpers, or kids.

The only thing Zeiss did wrong is get caught. These are not American companies operating within the realm of American politics and American sensibilities. They didn’t “go woke.” They exist in a different world, and sport optics is a tiny fraction of what they do.

...why can't companies just keep their beliefs to themselves so they don't need to walk on eggshells? just make the damn product and sell it, nobody needs to know your stance..... i guess to me it comes down to wanting to support "real" people, not these fake people trying to crush their nuts riding the fence non stop.... that prostaff list is fake, anyone who abides by it is fake.

I agree.

Trial153

WKR
This wasn’t caused by Zeiss and it wasn’t made public by Zeiss.

If it’s even true is was caused shit stirring D bags who published it for their own profit with the motivation to cause discord and discontent in the community. It should tel you more about the Blog/ Instagram group and who funds it then about the company.

If it’s even true is was caused shit stirring D bags who published it for their own profit with the motivation to cause discord and discontent in the community. It should tel you more about the Blog/ Instagram group and who funds it then about the company.
Exactly.

Vandy321

WKR
Basically you don’t want to support them, but don’t want to lose too much money? That’s the vibe I’m catching. Lol
See, your assumptions are invalid, why would i need to loose money just to prove a point? I'll sell it for what's it's worth, win win. Only an idiot would fall on ~$800 loss to prove a point.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I emailed Zeiss about replacement eye cups for my conquest binos….3 hours later I had a tracking number for a new set on the way to me. No questions asked, no charge, fast reply.

I’m at a point where customer service is #1 when buying products, obviously I want quality but I want service after the sale.

I’d still buy Zeiss.

180ls1

WKR
So there are other hunters actively calling out companies for not doing enough. I was trying to talk to some of them about the role of foundations and companies but they already had their mind made.

Unfortunately this cancel culture is prevalent on our side as well and seems to target companies no matter what they do.

mapticon

FNG
Take a pill, yall. Don't you know the clowns at Field Ethos are peddling speculation as fact and watching their "likes" and engagement rate rise? This is the basic model of social media. Eyeballs = money. Can't believe this is new to anyone anymore. Instagram, Fbook, etc, are not reliable news sources. Anything on there besides pics of grandkids should be viewed through a very critical lens.

Junkball

FNG
Zeiss is a great company, and it's hard to fault them in the face of German societal norms. There's also a very clear division between Hensoldt and Zeiss.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Zeiss hasn't addressed this either. Why is that? Takes all of about 5 min to draft a release and explain their position. So far I haven't seen them release anything.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poodles