Zeiss goes woke???

Couple of months ago I was looking at one of their spotters but bought a Swaro…..so glad I did. I will not be buying any products from a woke, liberal company like Zeiss. It might not bother them but it makes me happy.

And the agony that will follow once Swaro goes "woke". They are, after all, European companies...

Does going "woke" justify the infamous "boycott" hunters are so willing to impose when things don't go their way????

No, I'm not a troll. Just asking the fanboy crowds....

Quite interesting to see how hunters are so willing to throw fellow user groups under the woke bus because they don't agree with the messaging. If you agree with Zeiss pulling this, you are part of the bigger issue facing hunters and shooters. "I don't do that so I don't care if they ban it. I don't do tactical shooting so I don't care if they stop promoting it". Congratulations, you played right into their hands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would disagree with this. I work for an outdoor retailer and I can tell you that you can predict what people will be asking for by listening to podcasts and following about 10 pages on Instagram.

Did you work for them when the Hot Lips elk call came out? I remember that craze…

True story: I was in a liquor store in Washington one time and was chatting with the owner (this was after the were privatized). I noticed a bunch of bottles under the counter and stickers where they would normally be that said “ask at counter.” I said, “those must be stolen a lot, aye?” He said, “yes. Every time some rapper comes out with a new song and mentions some liquor (which, by the way, is often done as a paid promotion), that brand becomes the next item that is stolen.”

I would disagree with this. I work for an outdoor retailer and I can tell you that you can predict what people will be asking for by listening to podcasts and following about 10 pages on Instagram.
This is 100% the truth. If a guy in his mid 20's walks into sportsman's towards the rifles and he says he wants a "long range rig" I immediately can narrow down what he's looking for to about 3 rifles and just a couple of scopes all based upon current market trends on youtube and instagram and podcasts. Most of the time the choices aren't necessarily bad, but they've narrowed down their options by not being open to stuff they haven't seen or heard of on these platforms.

I have always liked VORTEX. Even through the hate spewed by people on this forum regarding their products and warranty. Sure, some of their stuff has been bad, but the higher end glass is very good. I have never had an issue with any Vortex products i own.

Anybody wanna buy a like new V4 4-16....

I can't support this.

How much do you want for it? Z-plex reticle? PM me if you'd like.

Looks like they want their brand image to be of the classy hunter, not a bunch if tacti-cool stuff. Black guns and tactical has never been in their wheelhouse, so why would they want to divert away from their brand image?

Last edited:
Did you work for them when the Hot Lips elk call came out? I remember that craze…

True story: I was in a liquor store in Washington one time and was chatting with the owner (this was after the were privatized). I noticed a bunch of bottles under the counter and stickers where they would normally be that said “ask at counter.” I said, “those must be stolen a lot, aye?” He said, “yes. Every time some rapper comes out with a new song and mentions some liquor (which, by the way, is often done as a paid promotion), that brand becomes the next item that is stolen.”
To young to remember that one.

There is a direct correlation though for pretty much anything.

I never had anyone ever talk to me about how sick mountain house makes them until the Gritty podcast had someone on talking about making their own backpacking meals.

Vortex nation podcast will talk about a caliber and that's all we will be asked for the next week to see.

The new Call of Duty comes out and you can guarantee every high schooler will be in asking for some weird ass gun that doesn't even exists. (I have been asked for Pellingtons which is a Remington 700 with a different name.)

You mean all of the species that only still exist because of conservation dollars brought in by hunting? Yeah, excellent choice from Zeiss.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes and completely agree but from a pure business perspective, they are a European company that does a lot more them just rifles scopes. In fact I bet scopes is 10% or less then entire business.

End of the day there are ways to do media marketing that can't get picked apart by all the Karen Anti’sAnd used against them and the thousands of employees they employ. That's all they are doing. Still promoting hunting and the shooting sports WORLD wide. They aren't defining ethics or hunting.

How much do you want for it? Duplex reticle? PM me if you'd like.

Looks like they want their brand image to be of the classy hunter, not a bunch if tacti-cool stuff. Black guns and tactical has never been in their wheelhouse, so why would they want to divert away from their brand image
The classy hunter😂😂

Someone with an FDE rifle isnt classy enough? Someone who posts pictures of their children with game aren't classy, accorording to zeiss?

Interesting take.

I say good luck to them, I hope the increase in bird watcher numbers is real, because they're gonna need it.

Yes and completely agree but from a pure business perspective, they are a European company that does a lot more them just rifles scopes. In fact I bet scopes is 10% or less then entire business.

End of the day there are ways to do media marketing that can't get picked apart by all the Karen Anti’sAnd used against them and the thousands of employees they employ. That's all they are doing. Still promoting hunting and the shooting sports WORLD wide. They aren't defining ethics or hunting.
You’re using too much logic and far too little emotion in your responses.

This is 100% the truth. If a guy in his mid 20's walks into sportsman's towards the rifles and he says he wants a "long range rig" I immediately can narrow down what he's looking for to about 3 rifles and just a couple of scopes all based upon current market trends on youtube and instagram and podcasts. Most of the time the choices aren't necessarily bad, but they've narrowed down their options by not being open to stuff they haven't seen or heard of on these platforms.
Weatherby Vanguard
Savage Ultralight

Vortex Diamondback Tactical
Vortex Viper

I work at a chip manufacturing company with tools that use their optics. Zeiss makes so much money from their other products. This is frustrating to see but realistically, Zeiss will have already factored in revenue loss from a few people refusing to use their products in the future. Just shows how important it is to support organizations and companies that really advocate for hunting and it's future.

I work at a chip manufacturing company with tools that use their optics. Zeiss makes so much money from their other products. This is frustrating to see but realistically, Zeiss will have already factored in revenue loss from a few people refusing to use their products in the future. Just shows how important it is to support organizations and companies that really advocate for hunting and it's future.
If you made a list of companies who are active advocates for hunting and that's where they made the majority of their $ the list would be awfully short. That's an unsustainable business model. Too small of a pool of investors.

Back