Zeiss goes woke???

Adjustable cheek piece is a bit ridiculous IMO. Tons of bolt action long range guns have them, i see no issue there

Ucsdryder

WKR
Not sure why they would need a pro staff any longer......
This^^

I think these big companies haven’t caught on yet. I think most hunters are putting less and less emphasis on pro staff and in some cases I think pro staff pimping products is beginning to have the opposite impact.

I can understand somewhat why they have a list but they lost me at the adjustable cheekpad. That makes me more accurate.

Honestly it kinda feels like this year we as hunters are going through a purge of sorts. There have been several companies like this that have been "exposed" or "revealed" if you will that us as pure, hardcore hunters wont buy from. It seems as tho there are more of these companies being exposed for the money that they are trying to pull out of the industry and that the companies are truly helping making hunting better

I would say obvious someone like TheAngryBowhunter is a little on the side of get rid of hunters but he does it in a non serious, humorous way that we as hardcore hunters relate to. And honestly all we want to know is that the hunters and companies we buy from and support are genuine in their passion for the outdoors. Topics like this thread are what separate those who are genuine and those who are in it for the money

"Get woke, go broke"

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Adjustable cheek piece is a bit ridiculous IMO. Tons of bolt action long range guns have them, i see no issue there
yeah, that one is weird... DO promote long range shooting, but DON'T promote adjustable cheek pieces? :rolleyes:

marketing in general is annoying, they are not trying to depict their product as well as they can, but rather a facade of what they want to be seen as.... can't have it both ways, but marketing tries.

goes back to "what would you do for free stuff?" the people who accept those terms and join the team are sell outs too.

the world has done gone crazy.... and the momentum is speeding up in the wrong direction.

Trr15

WKR
I don’t view that as going woke, per se. It just appears that they are trying to find the marketing sweet spot for their customer base, which includes hunters and non-hunters, pro-gun and anti-gun. Business decision purely driven by their bottom line.

Juan_ID

WKR
yeah, that one is weird... DO promote long range shooting, but DON'T promote adjustable cheek pieces? :rolleyes:

marketing in general is annoying, they are not trying to depict their product as well as they can, but rather a facade of what they want to be seen as.... can't have it both ways, but marketing tries.

goes back to "what would you do for free stuff?" the people who accept those terms and join the team are sell outs too.

the world has done gone crazy.... and the momentum is speeding up in the wrong direction.
Maybe they’re confusing “adjustable cheek pieces” with “adjustable arm braces” hell idono

Gutshotem

WKR
What a joke..
Would love to see a list of the "sensitive species".

Why don't they want their products used in an "urban environment"? Sounds racist.

What a joke..
Would love to see a list of the "sensitive species".

Why don't they want their products used in an "urban environment"? Sounds racist.
Just about any African species. Elephant, Giraffe, lion, hippo... Etc. Most companies that have multiple verticals have that now

Folks will bitch but few will actually do anything other than bitch.

Look at Georgia's voting bill and the pushback on it. How many folks who support that law actually boycotted (and still are) the following companies who came out against it:
Delta, Coca Cola, CNN, Home Depot, Merck, Apple, Facebook, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, BlackRock, JP Morgan, American Express, Citigroup, Google, Porsche, UPS, Microsoft, Aflac, Bank of American Cisco, Viacom, etc.

Sounds fine to me. The list of Do's are exactly what I would want to see. Other than the youth one the Do Not's is pretty much a list of the things I have no interest in seeing.

This is a web page.

Thanks "Vortex" for changing the industry!

Dos XX

WKR
Folks will bitch but few will actually do anything other than bitch.

Look at Georgia's voting bill and the pushback on it. How many folks who support that law actually boycotted (and still are) the following companies who came out against it:
Delta, Coca Cola, CNN, Home Depot, Merck, Apple, Facebook, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, BlackRock, JP Morgan, American Express, Citigroup, Google, Porsche, UPS, Microsoft, Aflac, Bank of American Cisco, Viacom, etc.
Major League Baseball. They moved the all-star game because of this, didn't they?

ODB

WKR
This^^

I think these big companies haven’t caught on yet. I think most hunters are putting less and less emphasis on pro staff and in some cases I think pro staff pimping products is beginning to have the opposite impact.

100%.

Not to just pile on meateater, but when you watch Steve go through gun, pack, and bow brands like they were underwear (not first-lite, of course), the idea of “I use XYZ product because it’s the best” gets a bit diluted.

I've never bought anything based on a pimped pitch man/pro staff says or uses.

I actually use input from forums such as this to form my own opinions based on real world usage

CorbLand

WKR
This^^

I would disagree with this. I work for an outdoor retailer and I can tell you that you can predict what people will be asking for by listening to podcasts and following about 10 pages on Instagram.