Youtube jockeys losing credibility

Pmiller45

FNG
When I am fortunate enough to have control of the tv I’m quick to pop on a random YouTube hunting video. I watch content based on what I’m hunts interested in learning more about or just flat out entertained by.

Sometimes I’m interested in a video based on what species, state, season, method, etc the hunt involves. Other times I’m drawn to the quality of the production or the entertainment of the personality of the hunter/group. I find myself searching those interests out via the search function or the random suggestions YouTube offers me.

I’m a glass half full guy and I say we are fortunate to have some many options to choose from. I don’t worry about what other people shoot, the west is a big place follow seasons and rules and shoot what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, talk about snobbery! Maybe since you find it soooo easy to kill mature 6 points, why don't you post your GPS locations on here so the rest of us can enjoy the same success?

I enjoy watching elk hunting - doesn't matter if it's a baldy, a 200" or 350".

As some have said, better than watching a canned hunt!

*zap*

WKR
I do not watch hunting videos on utube but I watch some other stuff, for sure. One guy was doing a video on mental/physical toughness while sitting under a rock outcrop by a campfire. He stops talking and moves then says sorry some smoke was blowing on me.......then continues talking about mental/physical toughness and how important it is..... :love:

^That guy^ was an epic fail. I can understand how some of that stuff can get under someone's skin.

Public land, tag costs $1000, 27 hour drive, 6 months of preparation....

Know this, I'm shooting the first legal bull that provides an ethical shot with my bow. ALL DAY LONG.

I dont have a "channel" on YouTube nor would I ever screw up my hunting trying to get it on video tape.....

Huge fan of the Destination Elk series! In particular, Donnie’s mid life crisis Mohawk that he’s sporting. And the dad jokes? Great entertainment. I see and hear not only bugles but if the bulls are answering the cow calls, they’re sticking with it. I will continue to call to locate every chance I get. Because it works for me. And I’m not even selling anything! ;)

had I not called to locate, I never would have known this guy was in the neighborhood 🏹🏹

Attachments

• D7B4AEB3-B8D1-4F11-9939-8E923C5C8697.jpeg
    D7B4AEB3-B8D1-4F11-9939-8E923C5C8697.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 118

tdhanses

WKR
To me it sound like the OP is jealous he doesn’t have the celebrity status others have, since he’s better. Start a YouTube channel and document your hunts, let’s see what your success rate is with a cameraman following you around. It’s so easy to knock others on the web.

Personally, antler size should have zero to do with hunting and if that’s all that matters, somewhere along the line you’ve lost track, my opinion, no different then the op having an opinion of YouTubers.

chasewild

WKR
I mean, I'm still waiting to see your highlight reeeeeellllll bruh. Where are these mature bulls you speak of -- other than the one in your icon.

To me it sound like the OP is jealous he doesn’t have the celebrity status others have, since he’s better. Start a YouTube channel and document your hunts, let’s see what your success rate is with a cameraman following you around. It’s so easy to knock others on the web.

Personally, antler size should have zero to do with hunting and if that’s all that matters, somewhere along the line you’ve lost track, my opinion, no different then the op having an opinion of YouTubers.
I think the most important thing out there in the elkwoods is to just be yourself. Do what works for you. It’s ok to emulate success too! By emulating others successes who I’ve talked to on the forums, and in some cases meeting face to face, and buying and using Paul’s aka Elknut1’s stuff, I’ve discovered what works for me thru failed attempts as well as successful ones.

One of the things I like about the Destination Elk series is they do show you the in between times and the failed attempts. It’s much different than watching the outdoor channel where the Primos guys are batting a 1000 and bulls are going nuts all around them on every episode.

Again most guys are not going to put 10-15 miles on 1 way and kill a bull that far from the truck. Don’t pretend to be Corey Jacobson, or Aron Snyder or Cam Haines or Chuck Adam’s or Tom Miranda, or Paul Medel or Randy Newberg. Just be yourself and don’t be afraid to try or do some of the things these guys are doing or teaching. The worst that can happen is you find success and find out what works for you!

Last edited:
I mean, I'm still waiting to see your highlight reeeeeellllll bruh. Where are these mature bulls you speak of -- other than the one in your icon.
You talking to me? Sorry, I may not be able to help you there. I’m just an equal opportunity killer and have killed more cows than bulls. But every now and again the opportunity presents itself 🏹🏹🏹 ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Pretty easy. Lots of guys do it every year without much trouble. :)
I can assure you, people like you are the last ones I take advice from on what I will put my tag on. You start paying for my tags, then you get a say. Until then, your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not going to use specific names/brands but I'm sure you can figure them out. I've been of staunch opinion on here for a while, that the running around the woods non-stop blowing on your bugle and or cow calls all day long is not the model for consistent success on mature elk. If you guys have been "following along" on all the youtube elk stars this year you'll see what I mean. Look at all the immature bulls these guys are killing in an effort to just get a kill shot for video. Dude... I'm not shooting a 4-5 point bull on the last day of my hunt when I have no elk in the freezer! Yet, these guys that are trying to sell you shit are so desperate to get that kill shot they shoot a 2-3 year old bull. Seriously? If we were talking about mule deer you guys would be watching these guys shoot forky bucks! Come on man, if you're trying to market videos as a professional elk hunter then act like one. Mature 6 point bulls or eat your tag. Or don't pretend you know how to elk hunt.
Well i know one group of YT celebs that shoot any legal bull that crosses their path 95% of the time. They've done this from the start of their filming career. The standing rule is if you pass a bull you go to the back of the line. Is their channel about content and kill scenes? Partly yes. That's the business their in. Do I agree with all their tactics? Nope... matter of fact if they chose different tactics at times they've self admitted that success probably would be better. But this group and Cory both have said they want the calling experience... To live and die by their sword is pretty admirable imo. Side note::: failed to post pics of all your mature bulls btw??? Another side note::: come hunt Roosevelt elk and see how long your mature bull philosophy stands....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My only rub is get off the road! One guy calling behind you and several times the shooter just stands in the road which guarantees a front on encounter in the wide open.

Like the show for what it is, and goes to show as many elk as they’ve killed, they still make miatakes like rest of us.

Class is always different than the field.