Youtube jockeys losing credibility

OP
elkocd

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
"Just saying it is not that hard to find and kill mature bulls"

Enlighten us all on how easy it truly is?
This thread is insane.

Pretty easy. Lots of guys do it every year without much trouble. :)

OP
elkocd

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. Lots of guys (with no social media fan boy followers I have to add) kill mature bulls year after year. Chasing content kill shots is sad.

At least someone understood the point I was trying to make.

I support anyone shooting any bull or buck they want.

The point was about what the youtube culture has done.

WCB

WKR
What about mature 5x5s...

Not "a lot" of guys kill mature bulls every year in the grand scheme of things on DIY public land. There are the guys that do as I know a couple but it is a very very small percentage of guys. I would rather watch guys work hard and kill small bulls if they are happy with then watching some dill rod with money pass 350" bulls on private and talk about how good of a hunter they are because they have 3 bigger ones on the wall from the same ranch from the only other 3 times they have ever entered the elk woods. Not that those hunts aren't fun to watch for the action and to see big bulls. Now if you are talking about who is mentioned above...shooting two bulls with a rifle when you have one tag...that may be an issue.

If you don't like them don't watch...I would say there are a lot worse examples of other YouTubers that may constitute a post but just because of the size of what they shoot is not one of them.

Last edited:

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
How about let people hunt how they want, and shoot what they want as long as its legal and they're happy.

Faux outrage is funny...

I completely agree if your hunting for yourself and freezer, but when it’s for the video camera and likes/sponsorship and all that BS it doesn’t sit well. Just my opinion, I’m still 10 years later trying to wrap my mind around how grown men got sucked into IG and Facebook. Maybe I’m just an asshole 🤷🏻‍♂️

BuzzH

WKR
I completely agree if your hunting for yourself and freezer, but when it’s for the video camera and likes/sponsorship and all that BS it doesn’t sit well. Just my opinion, I’m still 10 years later trying to wrap my mind around how grown men got sucked into IG and Facebook. Maybe I’m just an asshole 🤷🏻‍♂️
Agree with you about the IG and Facebook....never done either, and never will.

I think its possible to hunt for yourself, your freezer, and sponsors/cameras as long as its legal...I don't have a problem with any of it.

If there's proof that the video guys are breaking the law, wanton waste, etc. just to get a kill on film...well, different story and throw the book at them.

Otherwise, not really any of my business. IMO, one of the best parts of hunting is getting to legally decide how, where, and what I choose to fill my tag with.

PHo

WKR
Now you’re attacking IG and Facebook??!! I am so outraged.

Well I can state that I would have never started diy public land elk hunting and calling without these YouTube hacks you refer to. I had no archery or calling mentoring. A few late season tactics but mostly wondering around.
I didn't think if was possible I didn't think a regular person could do it. I knew absolutely nothing about other states.
They single handedly changed the course of my life. I was all about motorcycles, being drunk, fat and women.
Bike hasn't been touched in yrs.
So I apologize for not being as privileged as yourself to come out of the womb the most rooten tooten mature elk slaying MF to ever grace the Elk woods.
But who the F cares?
Don't like it don't watch it.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
It'd be interesting to see how many viewers would be fine with them not killing anything vs killing something small.

I think a lot of YouTubers feel the pressure to kill something or they might lose credibility or something.

Thing is if all they did was kill big mature 6x's everyone would complain and say no way are they doing it legal.

I get that it's attracting new people, it probably caused a big increase in the number of hunters to your areas, and they aren't selective. It sucks, fortunately you can save up points on go into LE area's so you don't fight the crowd, and possibly have the chance at a higher age class. Or work around it. Still a good bit of opportunity out there.

I'm not into watching hunts, that's someone else's experience, not mine. I guess I'm hard headed as I mostly learned from hunting, well failures while hunting, didn't watch it through a screen.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If every youtuber only shot mature 6x6's every year, that would just take more and more bulls away from your hunting pool. You should be glad that they're only shooting raghorns. That leaves more and more 6x6's for you and that vast quantity of guys you know that find and shoot them every year.

I don't watch many hunting videos, but when I do see one, I love it when all they're shooting is raghorns. ;)