Wyoming Bonus Points

wytx

WKR
IMO, the right solution is random draw with wait periods after successful draws on antelope, deer, & elk, and one & done on on moose, sheep, goat, and bison.
Maybe for NRs but no waiting periods for Residents.

Some are still fixated on Buzz I see. Seems right he gets booted but yet some can still make comments about him.
Why can't we comment about poaching cases, or specific poaching cases?

NV has squared points and a waiting period.
And it still takes a lifetime to maybe get a tag there. I really don't see this as any more viable.

I say they hold a duke it out style boxing rodeo In the spring. Show up and bare knuckle box. Win and you go to next round.
Once the bracket is narrowed down to the number of alloted tags that hand them out.

CO has weighted for the big 3
What that means is your first 3 points don't mean jack.
Your not even in the running until #4
And I believe the refer it as 1+3 weighted. Your always weighted with 3, well after you buy them.

CO has weighted for the big 3
What that means is your first 3 points don't mean jack.
Your not even in the running until #4
And I believe the refer it as 1+3 weighted. Your always weighted with 3, well after you buy them.
It's actually 3+1, 2, etc.

But yea, the first three get you in the pool. After that it might as well be random.

The problem with points of every type, bonus or preference is there are plenty of other people with them.
And its alot easier to get points then back in the day.
Those people with max. I think we forget how hard it was to get info back then. All snail mail.

So my conclusion is there will be even more people at max if a system is re started. As there is way more information out there and they are way easier to buy now.

Completely random, which is terrible because you can't plan.
Also wth takes so long to get results. Doesn't a computer do it?
Aren't computers instant if working correctly?
Shouldn't we know by noon the day after apps close.
So you can start adjusting plans in other states?

Or just caps. But as idaho shows that can be a shiz show to.
There's really just no good answers imo

tdhanses

WKR
Maybe for NRs but no waiting periods for Residents.

Some are still fixated on Buzz I see. Seems right he gets booted but yet some can still make comments about him.
Why can't we comment about poaching cases, or specific poaching cases?
Big 5 really should just be oil for all.

IdahoBeav

WKR
It doesn't have to be 10 yrs like NV rite?
I don't know what it "has to be", but I would say hell no to 10 years. We have 1 year on controlled (limited entry) antlered deer, elk, and pronghorn here in Idaho. For most hunts, I'd say it's about right. For something like Unit 54 elk or 22 deer, a little longer would be understandable.

NB7

WKR
I have always thought of bonus points as either 1. additional names in the hat (5 bonus points, 5 times in the hat), or 2. squaring (if you have 5 bonus points, then your name goes into the hat 25 times). I wonder what they have in mind when they say "weighted"? Is that just a general phrasing which implies that the more you have, the better (which seems obvious anyway), or is there some other formula commonly used different from either of the 2 systems I outlined above that is known as "weighted"?
I've thought the same thing too. I've also wondered if there is some sort of compromise between the straight up preference point system and the bonus point system as described above.
Just thinking out loud on this, but I've wondered if a system more like the one I'll attempt to describe here might be a decent trade-off between the two.
Let's say for every year of preference point you have, you get that amount of point plus every year prior's amount of points. It would look like this:

1 point = 1 entry
2 points = 3 entries (2+1)
3 points = 6 entries (3+2+1)
4 points = 10 entries (4+3+2+1)
5 points = 15 entries (5+4+3+2+1)
6 points = 21 entries (6+5+4+3+2+1)
7 points = 29 entries (7+6+5+4+3+2+1)
8 points = 36 entries (8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)
9 points = 45 entries (9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)
10 points = 55 entries (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)
11 points = 66 entries (11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)
12 points = 78 entries (12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5=4+3+2+1)
..and so on.
It gives you better odds exponentially than just say for example 5 bonus points meaning 5 entries. Yet it doesn't rise to quite the same level as the squared system - ex. 12 points means 144 entries.
This isn't going to please everyone either, but again just looking for a solution like everyone else.
*Also, I'm not even in the game for the weighted species like say CO sheep, goat, moose. I'm only in the game for several states for the main 3 of elk, md, ant.
I dont' know how the actual weighted points work in any state, so not sure if they work at all like I'm describing above.
Fire away

Rich M

WKR
Easy sweet pea, dont mean to talk about any of your heroes.
Can’t say i have any significant issues w anyone online. Buzz was always as abraisive as sandpaper but he’d help folks out and spoke what he saw as truth.

Noone ever called me sweet pea before. You seem like a real sweetheart.

wytx

WKR
Can’t say i have any significant issues w anyone online. Buzz was always as abraisive as sandpaper but he’d help folks out and spoke what he saw as truth.

Noone ever called me sweet pea before. You seem like a real sweetheart.
Might have been directed at me.

I agree with you on the OIL for the big 5, I do get one more chance at a moose license though and am happy my sheep hunt is done.

Looks like we need to get that bill amended to have no roll over of resident licenses into the NR draw or reverse the order of the draw to Residents 1st then NRs instead of resident preference in the leftover draw.
Emails out going to those representing us.

Rich M

WKR
Might have been directed at me.

I agree with you on the OIL for the big 5, I do get one more chance at a moose license though and am happy my sheep hunt is done.

Looks like we need to get that bill amended to have no roll over of resident licenses into the NR draw or reverse the order of the draw to Residents 1st then NRs instead of resident preference in the leftover draw.
Emails out going to those representing us.
Y’all gotta get organized and make this stuff happen. The committees usually represent special interests.

Most of the guys down here stop once we get the agency to back down on whatever change they want. Once the agency backs down, so do the guys. When it’s time to squeeze, nothing happens.

thewoods

FNG
would like to see 50 percent bonus and 50 percent of tags preference and i guess if only one tag it would go bonus. Wife has 21 Moose points and frustrating for sure with all the states making changes lately

If you only got points after an unsuccessful tag application and you lost points if you didn’t apply for two years you’d solve alot of problems with everyone just maxing out points in every state and holding them