Would you buy this scope?

I'm not an optics manufacturer, but my assumption is that the secret sauce for Trijicon/Nightforce is in the specifications. A production agency won't design your scope for you; the design agency delivers a set of specifications with tolerances.

I think the ruggedness of a scope is driven by a mixture of certain design features and the right specifications. NF and Trijicon have figured this out, but I think the Maven RS1.2 accidentally hit the right balance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can just call up LOW and say "Give me a rugged scope." Especially if it's significantly different than what's already on the market. Who knows how many iterations it would take to prototype and tweak specs, with each unit taking 6+ months to produce.

These may be some good points, but LOW also almost certainly has some preferred design firms they could recommend. People they've worked with, and who know how to work with them.

ElPollo

WKR
Scope specs:

FFP 3-12x40 to 3-12x44mm

Consistently holds zero through 3-foot drops and 3,000 rounds of constant use.

The reticle is specially designed for 25 to 600 yards, with bold outer posts and correct center aiming references.

Zero Stop

Low profile top turret.

Capped windage.

Large eye box

Good glass

20oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryan—Can you share anything about how the company you are talking with viewed the responses to your thread here? Were they surprised, responsive, or dismissive?