Worst song lyric

ODB

WKR
Has it ever bothered anyone else that War Pigs rhymes "masses" with "masses" in the opening lines?

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses'

:unsure:

yes!!!! To the point when I first heard it as a kid I kept trying to think of what the first ā€œmassesā€ really was because no one would be stupid enough to just use the word over again.

2531usmc

WKR
That song about being drunk on a plane.

Iā€™ve travelled a lot for work and flying is a cramped, crowded, miserable experience. The drunk tourist in a Hawaiian shirt makes it just so much worse

TheGDog

WKR
I havenā€™t listened to the radio since 2012. I hear it briefly in my wifeā€™s truck until she puts on something tolerable lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn..you got me thinking.... haven't done mainstream radio since 1997 when mp3 players got the legal go ahead, started hitting the shelves.

TheGDog

WKR
Some rap lyrics are dumb but here are a few that at least made me chuckle.

Biggy Smalls "Hit you with the d**k, make your kidneys shift"

Tech N9ne "Keep it bare, I promise I'll never tear that kitten"

Kanye "Then your fat friend her nickname is minivan"
Tech and his clique are definitely vets. But you guys need to take in a listen to some underground battle-rap dudes that sorta do a back and forth diss on special message forums. These cats will bust a line with like triple-layer delayed reaction meanings your brain is still unboxing even while the next line is coming out already!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Davis Allen Coe has some pretty crazy stuff out there. A lot of which will never be heard on air.

Has it ever bothered anyone else that War Pigs rhymes "masses" with "masses" in the opening lines?

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses'

:unsure:

In the spirit of being relentlessly judgmental, who could forget one of Metallica's biggest lyrical turds

My lifestyle
Determines my deathstyle

Since I suggested haiku earlier, here it is:

Meandering thoughts
A simple, metal lifestyle
after the deathstyle
I always took that as great use of the word.
religious mass, and a crowd (mass).
He rhymed the same word using 2 different meanings.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
yes!!!! To the point when I first heard it as a kid I kept trying to think of what the first ā€œmassesā€ really was because no one would be stupid enough to just use the word over again.

In the conotation the word has different meanings or desired effects on how u perceive the word.

1 masses large gathering.
2 masses religious/spiritual events.

Little behind the response right before me.

AZ8

WKR
Smash Mouth - All Starā€¦..from the movie Shrek.

The whole freaking song! After the movie, that damn song came on the radio every five minutes on multiple stations. It was nauseating!! Before mp3 and iPodsā€¦ I was stuck at work and couldnā€™t escape. Any radio station that my office had on over the sound system played it. All. The. Time.

TheGDog

WKR
So sad whenever I see people say "I hate Rap." because it shows they are woefully unaware about all the massively different sub-genres of it which exist out there. If you "hate" it...it's because you're lazy and you've never actually poked around long enough in non main-stream sources to have come across that one song made in that one way by some artist whose work and lyrical content and most of all delivery style really made you feel it.

If I'm being honest with myself.. it's been my observation that typically anyone who says "I hate Rap" is first of all lying their a$$ off because if there is a pretty girl shakin to one of those songs you hate, you're lyin like a rug if you're gonna stand there and tell us all you ain't gonna try to move up on that. To be honest, I've found it's usually because they're closeted racists and maybe haven't even admitted it to themselves just yet. Most of the time they tend to like Heavy-Metal/Rock as first preferred or Country as first-preferred, and were subjected to a bunch of macho cultural programming from their peers. I used to experience that too. That whole thing of "What are you listening to that jungle-bunny music for?" And other choice comments like that. So don't think I don't know how it goes down either.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
So sad whenever I see people say "I hate Rap." because it shows they are woefully unaware about all the massively different sub-genres of it which exist out there. If you "hate" it...it's because you're lazy and you've never actually poked around long enough in non main-stream sources to have come across that one song made in that one way by some artist whose work and lyrical content and most of all delivery style really made you feel it.

If I'm being honest with myself.. it's been my observation that typically anyone who says "I hate Rap" is first of all lying their a$$ off because if there is a pretty girl shakin to one of those songs you hate, you're lyin like a rug if you're gonna stand there and tell us all you ain't gonna try to move up on that. To be honest, I've found it's usually because they're closeted racists and maybe haven't even admitted it to themselves just yet. Most of the time they tend to like Heavy-Metal/Rock as first preferred or Country as first-preferred, and were subjected to a bunch of macho cultural programming from their peers. I used to experience that too. That whole thing of "What are you listening to that jungle-bunny music for?" And other choice comments like that. So don't think I don't know how it goes down either.

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
Smash Mouth - All Starā€¦..from the movie Shrek.

The whole freaking song! After the movie, that damn song came on the radio every five minutes on multiple stations. It was nauseating!! Before mp3 and iPodsā€¦ I was stuck at work and couldnā€™t escape. Any radio station that my office had on over the sound system played it. All. The. Time.
Crazy that song came out 2 years before that movie, but the movie made it huge. And yes it is annoying.

Reactions: AZ8

Oregonboy

WKR
The radio used to play a song called ā€œbedrockā€ by young money. They had a line that went:

ā€œHe sayin Nicki don't stop you da bestes,
And I just be comin off the top asbestosā€

This has got to be one of the worst if not the worst lyrics for a song ever. The entire song.

Yeah
I like it when the girls stop by in the summer
Do you remember? Do you remember?
When we met that summer?
New Kids On The Block had a bunch of hits
Chinese food makes me sick
And I think it's fly when girls stop by
For the summer, for the summer
I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch
I'd take her if I had one wish
But she's been gone since that summer
Since that summer
Hip Hop, marmalade, spic and span
Met you one summer and it all began
You're the best girl that I ever did see
The great Larry Bird, jersey 33
When you take a sip, you buzz like a hornet
Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets
Call me Willy Whistle 'cause I can't speak, baby
Something in your eyes went and drove me crazy
Now I can't forget you and it makes me mad
Left one day and never came back
Stayed all summer then went back home
Macauly Culkin wasn't Home Alone
Fell deep in love but now we ain't speaking
Michael J. Fox was Alex P. Keaton
When I met you, I said my name was Rich
You look like a girl from Abercrombie & Fitch

ODB

WKR

Whew...

All i gotta say is: When I step up in the place ay yo I step correct - woo ha! - I got you all in check....

And most rap does indeed suck...